Trike mock up

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We were taken out on my bike on the freeway and my girlfriend was injured badly. I won't take a chance on getting her hurt again so I decided to transform my phat into a low trike for us. This is a basic mock up and any opinions or advise would be appreciated thanks

Love that frame on anything. The double rear seat looks great as well. Only thing I have noticed with rear seat trikes is to make sure you have enough weight in the front that they don't wheelie on you.

Love that frame on anything. The double rear seat looks great as well. Only thing I have noticed with rear seat trikes is to make sure you have enough weight in the front that they don't wheelie on you.
Thanks for the info I will remember that when we are ready to align the seat. I'm thinking of running a shock to the rear of the seat and a hinge assembly on the front to give some suspension to both the driver and the passenger. And using linear bearings on the sissy bar so it will be stationary but the seat will be able to move up and down with it in place. Just thoughts right now trying to get everything down so when we put it together it will be ready.

Sounds like a good idea. Just keep the weight in front of the rear axle to keep front from lifting up. Long frame will help but its like a seesaw a little weight close to the axle goes a LONG way, lol.

Back