Trip to our favorite junkyard!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yesterday my best friend and I went on a roadtrip to our favorite old car junkyard. While rummaging around in a split window VW Bus I found these bad boys on the cargo floor under a bunch of leaves and junk cardboard. I have wanted some for a long time. I was extra excited to have found some out in the wild :D .
I will carefully take them apart and replace the speakers. Cosmetically they will be untouched ( THEY ARE WAY TOO COOL TO SCREW UP THE PATINA )
For those of you too young to know what they are. They are Drive-In Theater Speakers

In the same Bus my buddy found a 20" chrome bobtail bicycle rear fender ( too cool! ) sorry no pics of the fender but it really did happen :lol:

Last summer we discovered a JC HIGGINS ( unfortunately then we had to leave it behind cuz we had the wrong vehicle to get it home ). Well it was still there yesterday ( amazing , right?! ) so it came home with us ( its his , he bought it ). This is the picture he took of me in my natural habitat :mrgreen:

nice higgy! I think itd look best left just the way it is , just make it rideable

004_zps5cad3cde.jpg

002_zpsff3126cf.jpg

S95959F6D2_zps23b2795a.jpg

Nice!
I've got a pair of the speakers on the right with the junction box that sat on the post. I removed the speakers and put some smaller ones inside and using the original wiring hooked them to an MP3 stereo jack plug. I play old 1950's B Movie soundtracks through them on a small MP3 that hides in the junction box The post is an old aluminium gas central heating boiler flue!

chevy-1_zpsfca05d5c.jpg

:shock: thats a sweet set up you've got there bodge deep!
i plan to get mine working too . SWEET!

thanks mitch! 8)

Back