Truss Rod brackets

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has anyone every thought to put together a thread, or data base on truss rod brackets? Let me explain. Many truss rods have brackets which will fit on a few different types of head sets. Some are pretty exclusive to a particular bike. I've seen a couple of drawings of truss rod brackets people have made and I have used some brackets off one bike on another bike. I'ev seen the thread of creative truss rods and it is pretty good, definitely worth looking at.
What I'm thinking is a thread where drawings (mechanical drawing type drawings) can be placed so others can download a bracket type and make it. Pictures and photos would be cool, but having "templates" or "patterns" would be a great resource for this group. The single part brackets seem to be the easiest to recreate, but any machinest worth his salt can make anything I've seen so far. So long as they aren't mass produced for sale and profit, I doubt any out of business bike company would have a problem.
If you think this is a good idea, add a couple of drawings here. Thanks

Wow....90 views...no posts??? I'll get things started.
bracket2.jpg

bracket.jpg

Shelbytrussrodbracket.jpg

This is for informational pictures. Are rights to these photos are the property of the original photographer. I have no financial interest in any of these or their photographers.

Latest posts

Back