Turtle wax chrome/metal polish

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this stuff! Best six bucks I ever spent at Auto Zone!

these campy hubs were so-so, and now they shine like brand new dimes!

IMG_0148.jpg

and just so you don't think you have to start with vintage campagnolo to get a good shine, a once decrepit looking old schwinn approved maillard looks almost as nice with very little elbow grease.....

IMG_0150.jpg

I've used this stuff before & I too was amazed! Doesn't really take that much elbow grease either. One of the best products since sliced bread! 8)

I've used their chrome polish before with great results, looks like an upgrade is in order. Thanks

I'm unburying this thread. Can someone tell me a good technique to use to get good results from polishing? I've read about using Wood Bleach to remove the rust, so I'd like the second part which is polishing to a mirror finish.

"Mothers" Mag polish works real well also.

I'm just recently out of chrome polish. I'm going to try the Turtle Wax brand. thanks.

CRASH said:
I'm unburying this thread. Can someone tell me a good technique to use to get good results from polishing? I've read about using Wood Bleach to remove the rust, so I'd like the second part which is polishing to a mirror finish.
Have a look at the Power Ball chrome polishing kits made by Mothers. There was a pictorial example of a chrome drop tube Spaceliner here, restored to a mirror finish using this tool. I thought it was in the " Show Your Spaceliner " thread, but I do not find it now.

Back