Twisted Sister (frame change)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
New here. This will be my first ever build off. I'm going to use a mixte frame that I just picked up. Progress to follow.
004.jpg

Re: Twisted Sister

I've seen some of the parts. It's gonna be different. :wink:

Got some done. Picked up a junk kids Huffy and used the triple tree off of it. Traded KOTA for some parts, guess which ones. :roll: Converted a car shifter, one that I always used in my demolition derby cars. So here's a few progress pictures. Let me know what you think.

This is the freebe.
BikesandFathersDay007.jpg

Shifter
003.jpg

Before fork and shifter
BikesandFathersDay005.jpg

Triple tree forks with an eightenn inch mag. I kinda like this.
002-1.jpg

That shifter is crazy tall. I like it. Are you sure you don't like the full size front wheel.

oh this is gonna be good. definitely diggin the mixte frame, i got one myself i had no idea what i could do with, but this is definitely pretty inspirational

KOTA= Apes, seat, sissy bar :wink:

Looks good so far 8)

GREAT IDEA!! YO CAN I GET THAT HUFFY FRAME. C'MON I'LL MAKE IT SWEET. :cry: (BEGGING) PEACE

Anything new on this build?
I think it is cool that you converted a mixte into a muscle bike. That never crossed my mind, but I like the look.

kingfish254 said:
Anything new on this build?
I think it is cool that you converted a mixte into a muscle bike. That never crossed my mind, but I like the look.
The build stopped when my niece wanted an ape hanger bike for herself, like mine. So i took the parts off of mine and put them on a modern girls MTB, with coaster brakes and white walls.
Banana006.jpg

So I had to start all over. Kota told me about flipping a girls frame and challenged me to try it. I had another girls MTB, so I'm using that. I get to keep the same name, Twisted Sister. I have been working on it for a couple of days. Here is what I have so far.

START
Banana007.jpg

FLIPPED
Banana008.jpg

Cut a hole in the original BB. Then cut a BB off of a junk bike, and will weld it to the seat post, now upside down. I am using a free wheel single speed hub, the only new part on bike, with a single hand brake. I used the triple tree and banana seat and sissy bar from the free 20 inch bike, picture at top of my post. Put some BMX bars and a stem from KOTA. Still have lots of work to do, have to use a little shorter crank arms. I have alot of bikes to work on for neighborhood kids. It is ride able now. I'll get as much done as I can and put it in the finished section, done or not by the deadline.
Seat
Banana016.jpg

Old BB covered with the center cap from a Mercury Cougar rims scrapped from junk yard.
Banana011.jpg

Here is how it sits now.
Banana020.jpg

Seen it in person....Bike LOOKS right and FEELS right!

I'll tell ya guys. Pete has got a "knack" for building bikes. He's put more bikes together in the last three weeks, than I have in the last three years.

Very cool! That is the best looking wally world era Roasmaster I have ever seen.
It looks like it could have been a muscle bike right out of the 60s.
Bravo!

GREAT IDEA AND THAT'S A PHAT RAT!! HEY YOU NEVER GOT BACK TO ME ABOUT THAT HUFFY FRAME. DON'T MAKE ME BEG....GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

Jake Sensi said:
GREAT IDEA AND THAT'S A PHAT RAT!! HEY YOU NEVER GOT BACK TO ME ABOUT THAT HUFFY FRAME. DON'T MAKE ME BEG....GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE
Sorry Jake I decided to use it in the future.

My Rat Rod is complete! :p
001-2.jpg

More photos in Finished bike.Thanks, have a sparkling day.

Like you bike, keep it touch, so we can exchange idea.

Back