two free treks!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(yay!) i may have mentioned the other week that i was riding by this church parking lot on the way from work and noticed two roadbikes there leaning against a retaining wall in the parking lot. the next day i saw them again and figured id stop by on the way home and ask someone about them. so long story short, i found out who the current owners were and they said i could have them for free. :D :D

both trek road bikes, pro series 560s, one im guessing to be early 80's, with suntour cyclone m2 drivetrain. i really like this one and may sell it or keep it and fix it up.
IMG_0915.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

the 2nd trek 560 pro series the lbs guessed it to be around an 87'. wanna flip this one.
IMG_0917.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

they were nice to ride when i got them, but my trip is cruisers. since i uesd to road race, road bikes are in me somewhere.

Both of those bikes are worth alot of cash. I love that Pro Series , it looks like the frame sticker is a reynolds 531 tubing sticker , they don`t get any better than that.

I am JEALOUS! I have a similar 400 series ( like your pro-series and the same color) and it is a super sweet bike, or it was before my brother crashed it and bent it all up... enjoy

yeah, i think they are both reynolds, the "87'" is 531 and the black one is a 504 (?). i thought the tires looked ok on them, but i may still want to get new ones before i ride them much more. looks like they will be in storage till i figure out what to do next. and YES, i have played with the idea of painting one primer black, with red rims and whitewall 700c's. a set of apes and maybe even bannana seat. :lol:

Back