Two Things I wanna do next Summer! Who's with me?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
38   0   1
I was reading Hot Rod Jen's post update on the bike she is building and it got me thinking about two things that I will not put off another year - weather permitting.

Number 1 - I want to go on one of the MS rides next year. Either the Cape Cod 150 or the New Hampshire Coast ride. I am planning on riding one of my Vintage Elgins or Maybe the Shelby or even Maximum Overdrive. I would like to plant the seed in others minds who are in the area and who would like to talk it up and start to put a plan in place to do this as a group.

Number 2 - I want to attend the Rumblers cars show under the BQE in Brooklyn. This is one of the baddest car shows anywhere. Lots of great cars and artists of many different mediums gather here to show off there work, enjoy the culture and do a little horsin' around.

Call these early New Years resolutions...

I invite anyone with ideas about these events or to post that they would like to have a meet and greet, camp out, whatever. The sky is the limit.

Thanks, Joe

UGH! I just noticed I posted this in the wrong section. If one of the Admins would be so kind as to move it to the events section and delete this message that would be great!

BTW - where's HOOCH?

Joe, Thanks for getting me thinking. I may do one in Northern Idaho on the Trail of the Coeur d'Alenes. I would make it part of a bike ride that I have wanted to do since riding the Trail of the Hiawatha this last year.

I rode an MS150 back in Sept 2001 before I deployed. now that I'm back in Fl I plan to do it again next year. I rode the 150k instead of the 150miles and I'm glad i did. The weather didn't cooperate with high head winds (30kt all the way on the second day) and I barely made it in the time allotted but I rode every inch of it. Everyone should ride one of these at least once. The party after the first day ride is great.

I did that on an old Raleigh 10 speed. Now that I'm over 50, I'll probably do it on my recumbent, even though my 53 Schwinn would be a lot cooler.

For first timers on an MS150, I would recommend the 150k over the 150 miler.

So I'm in for the North Florida MS150.

I did the MS ride in 2004. I did the 50 mile ride on my 85 Schwinn Traveler. I was a bit out of shape for it and really felt it towards the end. When my son was diagnosed with autism in 05, my wife and I did the Ride for Autism here in Maine. I even pulled my son in his trailer!
The weather was horrible, it was 90+ degrees and humid. Sorry to say we didn't finish the ride, my poor son was sweltering hot and we were all miserable. On the bright side we raised about $400.00 bucks for the cause. Next time I ride solo... :wink:

My sister had MS........I think this old man can do 25 miles.

Joe I told you before I'm down for the MS ride. "Back in the day" we used to bang out the MS-100 in a little over 4 hours - hammerheads. Will be interesting to see how long it will take on 100 lb cruisers. The louver bike is ready to go and so am I.

my resolution for next August is the D2R2 ride. I'm starting out with the 100k ride first time out, and if it goes well, the 100+ miler (15,000' total elevation gain) in 2011. 90% dirt roads. At least that's the plan.

Is that when you ride one of these?
r2d2.jpg

yeshoney said:
Number 1 - I want to go on one of the MS rides next year.
cody-james said:
I would be up for one of those ms rides, it's for a great cause and it would be a great time.
BankerRAt said:
Ill be up for that Joe! Not sure about a 100 miles with a tanker tho? Im always down for a car show too
ifitsfreeitsforme said:
Joe I told you before I'm down for the MS ride.
Stevil said:
Hey, Joe I'd be interested in those plans but definitely need the winter to shape up.
Wildcat said:
So I'm in for the North Florida MS150.
HotRodJen said:
i too want to do a ms bicycle ride and use pne of my oldies but it will probley be around philly or nj .

I am going to half of the one in North Idaho in conjunction with another bike trip.

I think it would be fun to get as many RatRodBike members to participate in a MS150 next summer and keep track of it as a group. I wonder if they would let us create one big team spread out across the United States? We could us this thread or create a new thread where everybody post their stories, fundraising etc...... I see a cool story coming out of something like this.

Good Idea Joe.

Hey for ALL us GIGANTIC, fat, big, bald, old guys (one of those descriptions covers everyone that's posted so far). There is a 40K ride also, same time, same day, same place.......If pics are taken, and they're "mixed" in with the 100K participants, NOBODY will know the difference. :roll:

Latest posts

Back