Unknown Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbie here, so please forgive me if this is not the right place to post this kind of question. Does anyone know what specific Columbia bike this is? I picked this up for my wife, she's always wanted a bike like this and I'm curious what it is, how old, etc.

It's late 50's or early 60's, most probably 60's. You even have the plastic ornament on the front fender. Girls didn't destroy their bikes like the boys did.

On the left rear dropout, where the rear axle bolts to the frame, there should be a serial number. On Columbias it's easy to find the manufacture date. There's a very good website about Columbias, has everything on it, the Mr. Columbia website.

On the left menu, scroll down to "What year is my Columbia". It's a long list, but you'll see the 50's and 60's listed there, just find where your serial fits in the sequence.

http://vintagecolumbiabikes.com/index.html

There may be D cell batteries in the tank. I'd take them out to prevent corrosion, they might have a date on them too.

It's late 50's or early 60's, most probably 60's. You even have the plastic ornament on the front fender. Girls didn't destroy their bikes like the boys did.

On the left rear dropout, where the rear axle bolts to the frame, there should be a serial number. On Columbias it's easy to find the manufacture date. There's a very good website about Columbias, has everything on it, the Mr. Columbia website.

On the left menu, scroll down to "What year is my Columbia". It's a long list, but you'll see the 50's and 60's listed there, just find where your serial fits in the sequence.

http://vintagecolumbiabikes.com/index.html

There may be D cell batteries in the tank. I'd take them out to prevent corrosion, they might have a date on them too.

Thanks for the info, would the serial number have been on the sticker? It looks to be long gone, only an imprint where it used to be.

It is stamped into the metal, similar to this:
IMG_8517.jpg

Back