UNOFFICIAL FOLDING BIKE BUILD OFF CONTEST

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the old Brooks I'm using on this build:

28wcndt.jpg

I spoke too soon. I found a nice old galvanized washtub looking thing with wooden handles at the goodwill for 5 bucks. Now I have to decide if i want to use it or the wood rack I made. I'm leaning toward the washtub.

Sure I don't mind if no one else does. There's 28 days left in the build off.

It narrows my chance of coming in last, as if I care. :D

Post up some pics of your bike.

Wildcat said:
Sure I don't mind if no one else does. There's 28 days left in the build off.

It narrows my chance of coming in last, as if I care. :D

Post up some pics of your bike.
Here are some pics of how it was before
foldup.jpg

foldup1.jpg

some after but not done yet
IMG_5317-1.jpg

IMG_5318-1.jpg

IMG_5320-1.jpg

IMG_5321-1.jpg

IMG_5323-1.jpg

the duct tape is on because i dropped it twince and messed up the paint.
IMG_5326-1.jpg

I added sopme satin white paint to cover the chips in the paint. I need to make some decals and polish the front fender.
IMG_5682.jpg

I never drop anything old and rusty. Only when it's got a good coat of paint does it get dropped on the garage floor. Every last time!

This weekend my entry will get painted.

I've never used the hammered paint before, but it seems to work pretty well. I'm painting the rest tomorrow as it might hit 70f. I couldn't wait to get going so the chain guard was the test.

vhyp8g.jpg

This will probably be my last post before it's done. I found a different kind of basket at the same thrift store where I bought the bike last year. Now I have 3 racks to choose from. But today was painting day, and I got it all done right before it cooled off. I even had time to paint the deck boards of my trimaran, it's getting ready for the big race in May.

3445vg8.jpg

9iea3a.jpg

r23kb6.jpg

I am entering this contest with my batavus:
HPIM0109.jpg

Gonna put some fenders chainguard rack headlight and such on and give it a paintjob.
HPIM0110.jpg

HPIM0111.jpg

My entry is finished. I don't really have a name for it. Hammered?

It's raining outside but I took pictures anyway.

r8tlyq.jpg

1p9d06.jpg

21bpu8.jpg

2gulafb.jpg

i4oh0z.jpg

fdasmo.jpg

nbuc6b.jpg

The bikes are looking great. I have no time for mine right now, Im only home every 4th day for 12-16 hours and then back out again. Unless something drastic happens, I wont have time to finish it for this. If that ends up being the case, I will post pics whenever I get to it.

That's no problem John, it's all for fun. I never know how a bike build will go, sometimes it happens over a weekend and other times takes forever. Or hits the scrap pile.
A couple more pics.
22c9zd.jpg

30wkzv9.jpg

The rain stopped, so I took the Hammered out for a road test and had to find out how the basket would carry things. It did fine.
2qd3fgj.jpg

I just got in from a trip and have been bumped off the postion that I was forced on to. That means I get to sleep in my own bed and have regular days off. I will now have a schedule and should get this frame painted in time and the bike back together, just need to find all my parts. It wont be steampunked but my next one will. Amongst the madness in the past few weeks, I was able to aquire a lugged steel Sears 1967 3 speed from a coworker. Restoration is out of the question, so its going to be the basis for my next project.

bighit said:
not much to say. just let them do the talking.
4429247643_e733b6d36d_b.jpg
They're saying "my owner has a lot of disposable income". You must have a fortune in that bike.

Im thinking about the same pair for my main townie, they're a bit pricey and the boss has to approve. I still have to break in the brick, I mean seat.

Back