VINTAGE BICYCLE PHOTOS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look at these 2 hotties - nice lines..... (aw c'mon. I'm talking about the bikes!

look at these 2 hotties_1.jpg

img_1_1693338712032.jpg

People are unsure about this one. It is Tampa, Fl. Looks like the 20s. One guess is newspaper staff including delivery personnel.

img_1_1693476810332.jpg

Look at these 2 hotties - nice lines..... (aw c'mon. I'm talking about the bikes!

View attachment 246410
What goes around comes around. If I'm not mistaken that left bicycle has its sprocket and chain on the left side. I thought the image had been reversed but the other bike is the way we normally have it now a days. Modern trick BMX style bikes can have this arrangement. Cool photo.

What goes around comes around. If I'm not mistaken that left bicycle has its sprocket and chain on the left side. I thought the image had been reversed but the other bike is the way we normally have it now a days. Modern trick BMX style bikes can have this arrangement. Cool photo.

What little info I have is the pic was pulled from a 1899 newspaper (name undisclosed). "These modern wheels may be Sterling, Spaulding or the Lyndhurst, Orient, or the Waverly, all carried by the Bennington Bicycle Co 1890s (Bennington Vermont)."

I have a cyclist friend who grew up in Vermont and she sent me this photo......

I know the stunt rider deserves my attention but what seems to be a 1971 Roadrunner with the 2x4 tunnel ram caught mine. I think that is the last year before they were terribly muzzled by anti-smog equipment.

Back