Violet Schwinn Hollywood???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran across a late 60s ladies 26" Schwinn Hollywood that is very nice and the price is right. I passed it up because it is a ladies bike...but the more I think about it, I think it has potential. I was thinking about getting it and finding a comperable mens Schwinn frame and painting it to match...then ratting it out some.

A rat violet mens Hollywood with whitewalls and apes...or am I way off on this idea? :?

No, I have one that's a 24", and was thinking the same thing! The violet color is sweet, they made a few Varsitys and Travelers in the later 60s with that color!-Adam

Schwinn made at least one violet men's middleweight. Perhaps there are more out there... :?

vity2.jpg

The color is what grabbed me. Can you guys help me with something...cruiser bikes are pretty new to me (I've always done 20" bikes), what does "middle weight" mean? Is that a 24"?

kingsting said:
Schwinn made at least one violet men's middleweight. Perhaps there are more out there... :?

vity2.jpg

maybe it was the guys first day :p.

predfan2001 said:
The color is what grabbed me. Can you guys help me with something...cruiser bikes are pretty new to me (I've always done 20" bikes), what does "middle weight" mean? Is that a 24"?

middleweights were introduced int he mid 50's and were made to cut weight and look faster. they have 26x1.75 tires as apposed to balloon tire bikes with 26x2.125.

Back