vulturewing

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello:

This is Verm from indianapolis. To start off with, my rat bike frame is from a Huffy repro cruiser--ha ha! I picked it up at a used bike shop in indy.

My main hurdle with any bike has been getting a single shimano gear on the right spacer which in this case is a metal O ring or otherwise known as a bondage ring.

Next I chose a a bmx handbrake. The opening of the caliper just barely makes it around the diameter of the cruiser tire to function.

I'll post pix next time--trying to find them all.

Okay, here's the picture of the Huffy bike I'm starting with. I have already swapped out the handlebars and added a seat on the back for my son.

The handlebars are from an old workout machine I found curbside in my neighborhood.

OriginalHuffycruisermod.jpg

And here's the best picture I could find of the children's bike trailer--I had been using it basically as a wheelbarrow (I'm participating in a local art contest in this pic):

Originalbiketrailerupsidedown.jpg

I am planning on using the bike trailer as a sidecar, and then doing a complete overhaul on the bike, keeping the already modded handlebars, as I already explained above.

Are you sure you were in an art contest? Was this photo taken just before police came and hauled you away? That would be a good way to know the difference in an "art project" and a public disturbance call. :mrgreen: :wink:

Cool, another sidecar build!

The Freaky Bunnies are getting hungry for an update!!!!!!

bunnyteeth.jpg

yes definitely need to update' this havent been on here as much as I thought, I would though, get ready I have pics.
I had to abandon my homemade springer forks after I spent too much time on them due to the fact I realized that sidecar bikes hav alot of sway when riding.

Cool , welcome back from the dead.
Looking forward to what you have been up to!!!!!!

here are the sidecar wheels sanded and primed , some springer fork ideas i had to abandon though funny to look at - in the bike picture you can visibly see the two main bars connecting the sidecar.

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK!!!

Back