VW and Bicycle show in KC this weekend! Picture Update 5/10

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Only 5 days away!

Bug Blitz/Bus Blast 2009 will be held at E.H Young Riverfront Park in Riverside, MO. Saturday May 9th 2009

I know there are a lot of us here on RRB's that are also into VW's, so here is a little info on the Mo-Kan VW show in KC. We have even had so many bring their bikes in the past that we added a bicycle class this year. Hope some of you can make it and bring your VW's & bikes.

VW Car show ~ Swap Meet ~ Vendors ~ On-site campout prior to the show, Friday May 8th. ~ Friday night cruise.
Special bicycle class has been added for classic & custom bikes.
Valve cover racing during the show. Banana Seat race exihibition from some of the Spokesmen bicycle club members.
Raffle drawings with proceeds going to The Sunflower House.
Food vendor will be on-site, starting with breakfast Saturday morning.

For more info go to: http://mokanvwclub.org/bugblitz.html

Re: VW and Bicycle show in KC this weekend!

can I enter this?

3500563879_a9aae7c69c_b.jpg

^^^lol thats too funny!

Marty i really hope to try and make it out to this show man. as you know we had the kiddo friday, everythings going great with it. hopefully mommy will lemme sneak away for a show!!! is there a entry for bikes in the show? what about an entry just to get in? hope to hear from ya soon.

Easy E

EE, there is no entry fee for spectators, so if you can get out of the house come on over and bring your banana seat racer for a test and tune on our track. As far as an entry fee for bikes, there really isn't one either. Since we always have so many VWers bring their bikes anyway we decided to add the bike class for fun for anyone entered in the show. We never thought it out far enough to have an entry for others. I think some of the guys from the Spokesmen are going to bring bikes to display and promote their club, at least I hope so. Hope to see ya there if you can sneak out.

hey marty- i talked to the wife and she said i could go!!! woo hooo!!! im super excited now! is there a limit to how many bikes we can put in? i dont mind paying an entry fee to put bikes in as long as its not too high. lemme know man cuz im super pumped about this show now!!

Easy E

Hey Marty, How long is the show sat. I have to run the shop until 4 how much longer will the show go on? and how many bikes do you want each person to bring?

Rick, unfortunately awards are usually around 4pm if we are on schedule and most people will tear down and scatter shortly after.

Easy E, for those that have a VW entered their $25 covers both, the club decided the bicycle only entry is $5 if you don't have a VW entered. But, you can also just bring a bike out for exhibition, and to cruise around the park. But the trophy is pretty kool in a los punkrod way, if I do say so myself.
IMG_1943.jpg
IMG_1944.jpg

ok, so $5 to enter bikes, and no matter how many bikes i wanna enter. but if i dont pay the $5, then its only exhibition. i dont mind payin the $5 fee. and that trophy is pretty rad! im super excited for this weekend!!!

Easy E

I want to thank Marty and the Bug Club for letting us show our bikes, we had a blast!! First the cars.
bikephotos018.jpg

bikephotos017.jpg

bikephotos016.jpg

bikephotos015.jpg

bikephotos011.jpg

bikephotos010.jpg

bikephotos009.jpg

bikephotos007.jpg

bikephotos019.jpg

bikephotos037.jpg

this has a BLOWER!! "below"
bikephotos036.jpg

Valve cover racing and our racers!! and bike pic's
bikephotos051.jpg

bikephotos053.jpg

bikephotos052.jpg

bikephotos060.jpg

bikephotos058.jpg

bikephotos056.jpg

bikephotos055.jpg

bikephotos054.jpg

bikephotos042.jpg

bikephotos043.jpg

bikephotos046.jpg

bikephotos057.jpg

bikephotos065.jpg

that was definately a fun show!!! im really glad that i came! and boy do i look tuff on my little bike with my sunglasses on!!! there were lots of cool cars there and some really cool bikes! thanks again to marty (10 18 kustoms) for inviting us out there!!!

Easy E

ps-oooooowwwww my sun burn still hurts!!!

Thanks Jon for the pictures, they look great. And a big THANKS to you and all the Spokesmen that came out and brought bikes. It was a real fun addition to our show this year, and everyone loved seeing and hearing about them. I'm already looking forward to more joint ventures in the future.

Easy E you do look bad on that monkey bike! I am so going to have to build me one now!

Thanks again guys!

Hey "whitewalls" you dont have a crew cab truck hiding there for sale do ya?

Back