Website issues

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Suddenlink
Internet Explorer 9
Windows Vista on an HP compy

Its kinda crazy cuz all other pages seem to be fine, but after waiting like 3 minutes all i get is:

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

Then i click the "DiagnoseConnection Problems" then a minute later it says:

"Could not connect to web server "www.ratrodbikes.com" The host server may be down."

This happens about every other link I click on on the site.

If you can, try using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. That will narrow down if it is a browser , internet connection or server issue.

Rat Rod said:
My personal recommendation as a web designer...nobody should be using IE anymore.
I second that, I use Mozilla Firefox and I love it. Even has a built in spell checker. :mrgreen:

Dozen always work dough...lol :lol:

my only issue here is after 1 am ...things really screw up on this site only ...cant get a page 2 load or it takes forever ....but this site only no others ...

mikesbikes36 said:
my only issue here is after 1 am ...things really screw up on this site only ...cant get a page 2 load or it takes forever ....but this site only no others ...
+1

That's weird...not sure what the time has to do with it unless your ISP is doing something strange at that time of night.

deorman said:
mikesbikes36 said:
+1

Just go to bed, nothing good happens after midnight. :wink: :wink:

lol depends on what ur lookin for i guess ...LOL i sometimes dont get home till after then ...and it really sucks when i can get my fix ....kinda makes me wanna go 2 bed when i cant get my rat rod fix .....LOL

mikesbikes36 said:
lol depends on what ur lookin for i guess ...LOL i sometimes dont get home till after then ...and it really sucks when i can get my fix ....kinda makes me wanna go 2 bed when i cant get my rat rod fix .....LOL

same happens to me too, got cable at home / dsl at work, dsl never acts up at night, cable starts messin up around the 12AM -1AM hours.

mine only does on this site ....i can go 2 any other site and it works fine ...so i was thinkin mayb they do nightly site maint. on here at that time or something ...

I think it is link dependent.

I have noticed since I first found this site, that if the page you are going for has a lot of pictures, it *may* be slow to display, sometimes timing out altogether.

Probably has to do with the performance of the photo-hosting site that happens to host the pictures for the thread that you are trying to open, more so than the server that hosts RRBs.

There are times when the initial display of the main Forum page times out. I just try again a bit later, and usually all is well.

Just my thoughts and observations, and .02. You know what that's worth.

Mozilla user - PC-XP.

Every now and then, My internet will say "Internet Explorer cannot detect the webpage" :| Only on this site :?

Latest posts

Back