western flyer from neighbor "london flyer"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
saw my neighbor unloading some junk into his garage and asked him about this bike. he said his sister was going to put it on ebay but never did. so he said i could take it, sell it, and split the $$$ with him. i don't know much about Western Flyers. i'm kind of thinking this is nothing too special. what do you guys think? put new tires and try to get $80-$100? or is it worth more or less? the spedometer and shifter are kind of cool...

IMG_1111.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

Columbia made I'd say, as indicated by the dropouts and chainring. A very nice bike... cleaned up it might bring that.

I've been watching a similar Sears bike on C/L locally that has dropped from $65 to $50 and still hasn't sold. Why not just give your neighbor $25 and lace that hub into your red bike if you still have it? If you need assistance with the swap, I know how. Even the spokes can be reused if they aren't frozen in place on either bike.

If you put tires on it, you're out $25 already. Then you have to at least sell it for $50 to get your money back (since you're splitting it + the time cleaning and changing the tires).

I put this on CL for $100 I took $75 It needed a rear brake cable that was frozen...I even gave them the original fenders..Hey it's all profit. :wink:
bhu003.jpg

I pick-up one if those a yaer or so back for $25 and sold as I unload from the truck for a $100. I did nothing to it but air the tires when I sold it. I like Western Auto bikes, because my first bike was a western flyer & KC was the corporate home of Western Auto.

Back