Western Flyer (murray eliminator boys bike style) muscle bike and eliminator mark 4

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found 2 bikes that I had to buy over the weekend.

One I'm sad to say I have to put back up for sale due to car issues. That one is a Murray Eliminator Mark 4 5- speed (I have it for sale in the for sale area on here).

The other is a teal in color, single speed, Western Flyer "Miss Buzz Bike Eliminator". It uses the same frame as the boys eliminator banana seat bikes do so it doesn't look like a girls bike but it has all the neatness of the teal color. I love the color teal and its not a color you really see on muscle bikes but I hate repainting bikes when they have original paint still.

I had to put one bike up for sale to try and see if raising money to fix the car is possible so I'm keeping the teal Miss Buzz Eliminator bike.

I already have a whitewall cheater slick tire to put on the rear and a whitewall street tread 1.75 tire for the front tire. This bike just needs to be taken completely apart, cleaned well, regreased, reassembled and then riden.

I'll put a bike bell of the same era on it, perhaps a tall sissybar, maybe one of those bike flags, a vintage flashlight holder and flashlight on the handlebars and add vintage reflector brakets and vintage reflectors.

The seat is junk but I bough a seat with bolts on the seatpan instead of the tabs underneath to recover and I even have teal meatalflake vinyl to recover the seat with. The handlebar grips are in great shape and also are teal, just dirty is all.

If obtaining a correct murray eliminator stickshift for this bike becomes possible I will convert this into a 3 or 5 speed bike depending which shifter version I find.

I will add pics of the two bikes Tuesday after 6pm.

Back