Western Flyer tandem

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dislike tandems, but this is aching to be cut into a lowrider or built up to a cycle truck type thing.

Fresh from the garage of my divorcing friends.

Serial # is 4H217679 if anyone knows how to find the year. Western Flyer headbadge.

IMAG2132fb_zps75d73bf0.jpg

may want to consider flipping it and using the cash for builds instead.. not a tandem expert by far, but from what I have seen the frames with men's and women's combined usually go for a bit more and seem to be more desirable

great score either-way tho...

This frame is fairly desirable (note 'desirable' does not necessarily mean 'valuable'), since it has the rear handlebar separate from the front seat tube. If you are looking for a frame to chop up, trade down from this one and get one that no one cares about.

Nice find I wouldn't chop that up right away.
They always say a tandem is the best way to end a marrige. :D

Id love to find a tandem like that most all Ive seen around my area is the more common tandom frames. Id use that as my build off frame if I could find a trike rear for it.

Thanks guys, I guess I've decided to keep it OG even though I really have a dislike for tandem anything. Seems a good way of turning a great day on a bike into a crap day on a bike LOL but that's just my independent streak. I put a poll on facebook and nearly everyone said keep it, which I'd ignore if you all hadn't said basically the same thing.

Maybe I can flog it off this summer and get something cool ;)

Back