Western Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like a mid 70s WF with a Murray made frame. Its cool that you have the frame tank. Nice bike made in the USA. Check craigslist for a Murray chain guard of that vintage.

That looks like a mid 70s WF with a Murray made frame. Its cool that you have the frame tank. Nice bike made in the USA. Check craigslist for a Murray chain guard of that vintage.
I thought it was a 59 when I got it, but I looked up the serial number and it appears to be a Murray built in 1960.

This one has a "skip tooth" sprocket. Does anyone know if that is factory?
Unlikely at that late a date. If the chain links are all the same length, it's home made. If the links have longer outer plates, it's a real 1" pitch set from an older bike.

edit: ...shorter outer plates... :blush:

Last edited:
Unlikely at that late a date. If the chain links are all the same length, it's home made. If the links have longer outer plates, it's a real 1" pitch set from an older bike.
It doesn't appear to be home made, so apparently the sprocket, chain, and rear wheel is off an older bike. I like it, so I'll probably leave it. Thank you.

Well I think I got her about done. What do you think?

Meet Emma Jean
S5030591_zpslwroehga.jpg

S5030594_zpsy0nqgmdm.jpg

S5030590_zpsnprid4zb.jpg
S5030588_zpsmggcf4hl.jpg

S5030586_zpsqd0xjuhb.jpg

S5030585_zpsntgcyzhn.jpg

Roscoe Clyde

smokein :rockout:

Beautiful job , I think it looks great , I like the pin stripes it looks really cool on the bike:thumbsup:

Back