Westport Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
today I picked up a Murray Westport beach cruiser probably late 1980s cheapo bike
it was pretty clean cept for a bent fender rusty handlebars and flat tires
so I did a quick makeover
paint , seat. tires, handlebars
still need to hang a chain clean abit of chrome but its late and dark so tomorrow I will have lots better pics!
the paints alot darker than the pics show because of the flash
its a satin dark blue with cream
P5180008.jpg

P5180009.jpg

P5180010.jpg

P5180011.jpg

added a tribute to the FBM guys!
P5180013.jpg

after some late night contemplating
I decided to use another pair of red tires I had been saving for my 36 colson motorbike
and went with early girls short bars
I might yet go with a different fork (a schwinn blade fork) for a more vintage look yet
and I have one of those vintage wald winged chain guards that fin anything and I think it will look more vintage than the stocker
P5190001.jpg

P5190002.jpg

P5190003.jpg

P5190004.jpg

kev ur amazing u turned that ugly mug into a mean machine, Love the stickers :)

that's the exact same bike I started with for my Beer Bike. same color, even. Still have the chain guard. They ride pretty nice. I like the apes on there, I may have to hunt a set. I'm running a narrow set of girl's bars of a 24" cruise right now, but I tend to torque on them while riding and bend them.

ricksterr1221 said:
kev ur amazing u turned that ugly mug into a mean machine, Love the stickers :)

Wow can u tell i was tired? SORRY HOOCH!!! Yo did do an amazing job

thanks guys this is begging me for just a little more
but I am not gonna jump into anything big
a schwinn blade fork off a womens has the same tube length so it will be getting one of those with a bit of a rake added maybe.
the seatpost will change because I had it sold previously.(I sell way too many parts I kick myself for selling lol)
maybe some LED light tricks are needed
and I have a radio idea mp3 player based

Back