What do i got here fellas?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
picked this up at my local cycle swap meet.
seller told me he had it hanging in his garage for decades and its 24" size

I said i was just gonna buy accesories and do dads, knick knacks but then i saw this frame.
i made an offer and ther wasnt turning back
Dammit, the Bicycle disease has hit me hard recently. Im been lucky to find some kool ones.
anyways, I cannot find really any info on this thing, obvoiusly its a Ross, but it loox like a "Shelby" style tank
is it rare?. i know u guys on here are pretty knowlegeable so please dig into this one and let me know
Definetly a prime canditate for a ratbike.
thnx.

P3280682.jpg

P3280681.jpg

Great bike, and even more potential. Horn tank? Open it up and see if there's anything in there!

That tank is awesome. Definate rat rod material. I'd throw some some red wheels and white walls on it along all the other necessary parts and take it for a spin. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

It is rare, the earlier style late 50s-early 60s version. Seems like a bunch of Ross/Chain Bike Co bikes are popping up lately! And I'm usually the one to tell them that it's one of the least documented companies. Not much out there besides a few old ads, and there's some company history online somewhere. Parts for these are hard to find. You could build a rat and preferably leave the og paint and graphics. -
Adam

Man that's a cool bike! Great state of 'rustification' on it.
Is that some kind of bird on the tank graphic, maybe that's the clue to the original model. Can you snap a pic of it?

I like the suggestion of leaving the paint as is (a couple coats of flat clear will keep the rust off your hands/clothes), then some red rims and FAT whitewalls. The frame loooks pretty wide, wonder if a 24 x 3 Thick Brick or a Fatti-O would fit back there.. :roll:

A rusty truss fork would kill on the front end! Maybe some wide and low BMX style bars, like the Felt ones.....hmmmm
FELT%20LOW%20RISE%20CRUISER%20HANDLEBAR%20WITH%20CROSSBAR_SMALL.jpg

Give it 'flat tracker with it's "Sunday shoes" on look! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Dr. T

Thanks for compliments guys, i knew ther was somthing to this frame.
so would u guys say its from the 50s?
I really like the suggestions. for Tankenstein: heres the graphics up close
yes it is an eagle with a star in the back ground.
I was thinking of painting just the frame satin or flat black and leaving the tank as is
so Your opinion: clear the rust or paint it flat black.?
Id really like imput as to how to build this one.

P3300686.jpg

Back