What have you been riding lately?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday I gave the IronPig some road time. First I joined a #VisionZero protest where put up a ghostbike for a recently deceased cyclist after another accident (#11 this year in Berlin).
View attachment 251363
Straight after that I joined the monthly critical mass. The whole afternoon and evening it was lightly raining but that didn't keep us from riding.
To my pleasure there where also two SwingBikes amongst the riders.
View attachment 251361
View attachment 251359
View attachment 251364
View attachment 251362

In total I put around 70 km on the clock yesterday...

I've done a couple of ghostbike memorials several years ago, a sober reminder

Monolith, neighborhood trails, down to the riverside. Onespeed all the way
IMG_20231028_080414418.jpg
IMG_20231028_075754770.jpg
IMG_20231028_075921667.jpg
IMG_20231028_083231351.jpg

I tore around town on the Typhoon yesterday for a few hours. I wish I could have ridden all day but I had to get home to do the lawn and plant the flowers my lady bought this morning. This bike with its simple 7 speed derailleur setup is now my favorite vintage rider.
IMG_6545.jpeg

IMG_6543.jpeg
IMG_6539.jpeg

IMG_6540.jpeg

lots of rain here in Connecticut today. CX race was near my house, so I rode there, raced the Masters 60+ and rode home. The Ridley needs a tear down after today. I like how the rain can be seen in this photo.

MORANCX2023-1.JPG

I placed 9th out of 11, which for me is good. I'm usually last. The Masters racers are mostly Cat 1s and 2s, I'm a Cat 4. The guy who won is our state champ, as well as the national champ. I'm really outclassed but that's ok, I'm having fun, and it keeps me motivated.

This guy keeps me motivated too. This is Curt. Curt is a teammate. He's 73 and has lung cancer. I told Curt that it's a little bit of a bummer sometimes always placing last or close to it, and he said; "if you're giving it your all, you won." Amen to that.

IMG_2533 Curt and I at Moran .jpg

mmm, mud:

IMG_2537 Ridley mud.PNG

Sounds like Curt gets it

🤙🏼

I told Curt that it's a little bit of a bummer sometimes always placing last or close to it, and he said; "if you're giving it your all, you won." Amen to that.

oh come on guys, I don't know about that! Seriously, I just rode there because I figured I was gonna get soaked anyway, might as well get it over with. haha

last race of the season (for me) is this weekend, and it's another one close by (next town over). So rinse and repeat I guess.

The IronPig got another 38 km on the clock...
Tonight was the monthly protest ride from the group #RespectCyclists. We visited another three places that are critical and dangerous for cyclists here in Berlin.
The 🐷 was wearing it's nightly protest gear...
IMG_20231101_184642673.jpg

AndroVid_0889.gif

AndroVid_0061.gif

Another regular on this rides are the guys with the quadruplet.
IMG_20231101_194726032.jpg

My family would like to try that. My garage situation insists that we borrow it. That must be huuuuuuuge!
It is huge and the driver needs to think ahead on the turns...

I've either forgot to take pics or my phone entirely lately. We also had out first snow of the year which was nice to stay inside & recover. I was able to meet a friend for some laps in Berthoud yesterday afternoon in perfect 71° weather & actually remembered my phone AND take a pic....🤓
IMG_20231103_135200182.jpg

It was great riding with the kids in school. There were a few others out & a great day of meeting cool folks & having fun at the track! Thanks J.D.!!:113:

Been riding the 1957 Corvette to and from work. Making minor tweaks. Rode to work again today and as soon as it slows down a bit I'll be attaching that rear rat trap rack correctly.
(Just taped the brace's to the fender braces, ran out of time before work).
so I can shed the backpack. Definitely want to put a bit larger sprocket and longer chain on it.
IMG_20231104_142111039~2.jpg

Back