What have you been riding lately?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I finished work early and the weather was to nice to not enjoy. So I took the long way home...
Mostly hard packed snow and some slushy bits, but perfectly rideable with the winter marathons...
IMG_20240119_152822879.jpg

IMG_20240119_153516612_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240119_154312532_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240119_154230164_HDR.jpg

You had better be careful @BDC . There may be some RRBs from western Europe that are considering heading down there to steal some of the temperature, warm water and beach sand :bigsmile:.......

At last I’ve found some comfortable handlebars for the ‘82. I took 4 tries, but these are perfect. The issue has always been fitting a 195cm rider on a 58cm frame. I really need a 61cm xl, but these bars, taller stem and slightly lay back seat post now work just dandy.
DSC_4579.jpeg

View attachment DSC_4669-Enhanced-NR.jpeg

Some snow on the commute here in Twente, I like it more than rain.

View attachment 256870
View attachment 256871
View attachment 256872
View attachment 256873
This was at the beginning of the ride. I cycle about 12 to 13 kilometres to get to work.

After the ride:
View attachment 256874
View attachment 256875
There is no Bosch motor underneath there! 😉

View attachment 256876
View attachment 256877
View attachment 256879
Wiped the slush off. The bike is nice and dry under a roof.
That frame reminds me of a Cannondale frame that I once saw. I thought it was really cool.

Last friday of the month means Critical Mass!
The IronPig was my ride today still on spiked tires and for the occasion equipped with a car horn.

Here we are approaching the Victory Column
IMG_20240126_220431064.jpg

And her waiting for green to enter the roundabout...
IMG_20240126_220543317.jpg

Tonight we were only around 100+ riders. That made it very stressless to ride as then are happening less conflicts with motorists...
I left a bit early and with the commute to the starting point and back home I made around 45 km tonight...

Lots of summer rain overnight here in Brisbane, so I took the 'Boss' for my regular Sunday ride. But the markets weren't on. No stalls at all and a calamity - no dog treats!

IMG_0438.jpg

I had a ball on this bike in the minor flooding though. It's what I built it for. All alloy and sealed bearings.

First around the points.

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

But we made a big splash! Tons of this.

IMG_0461.jpg

The bars aren't crooked - just camera angle.

IMG_0470.jpg

I'll go and hit the driveline with some WD-40 next.

And the boys were still chillin when I got home'. They hate the rain.

7.jpg

Last edited:
Warm before the storm weather coming this week so took my new friend for a good flogging to get better acquainted yesterday. :nerd:
IMG_20240128_142319746.jpg
IMG_20240128_142008645.jpg

I found the "pocket" early in our session & this thing RIPS!!😯😯 So much that I tried sitting back to absorb a set of doubles entering high speed 180° berms to control speed but that just made it go FASTER!!!😲 It started to disappear beneath me toward the end of our session like part of my body. I enjoy mutually beneficial relationships and see great potential with this one going forward!🤓

They made / bought in a frame like that with the pinched in tubes here in Poland, but I am still looking for one.
I wish there was more space, I'd love to fit 2.125's on her.
Amazing that a Worksman INB feels too cramped for me but this little folder fits me nicely!

I had a chance to take an extended lunch break on the new Redline out in Firestone yesterday to get more familiar with it. Was having a great day in mid 60's sunshine so decided to really push it for a couple laps before a cool down. Had good speed coming out of a rh 90° berm & stomped the fast section going into another rh 90° berm. Didn't know I installed NOS & had way to much speed going in. It tried launching me off the top of the berm & I tried saving it but my weight shifted too high. Lost traction & body slammed into the berm, caught my chin on the top edge & handlebar tried ripping my thumb off.🤦‍♂️ Sad to miss mid 60's tems today(probably be fine if I don't get crazy) but think it best to rest & some ice. Fortunately, my beard gave enough protection that I don't need stitches.😂😂 Will try again tomorrow with low 60's projected. Winter weather cones Friday for the weekend.
IMG_20240130_135546222.jpg

There is now interesting skid/splat marks in the last half of the berm above the right grip after this pic was taken.😂😂
IMG_20240130_142555776.jpg

How do you know your limits if you don't dance on the edge once in a while?🤷‍♂️

I had a chance to take an extended lunch break on the new Redline out in Firestone yesterday to get more familiar with it. Was having a great day in mid 60's sunshine so decided to really push it for a couple laps before a cool down. Had good speed coming out of a rh 90° berm & stomped the fast section going into another rh 90° berm. Didn't know I installed NOS & had way to much speed going in. It tried launching me off the top of the berm & I tried saving it but my weight shifted too high. Lost traction & body slammed into the berm, caught my chin on the top edge & handlebar tried ripping my thumb off.🤦‍♂️ Sad to miss mid 60's tems today(probably be fine if I don't get crazy) but think it best to rest & some ice. Fortunately, my beard gave enough protection that I don't need stitches.😂😂 Will try again tomorrow with low 60's projected. Winter weather cones Friday for the weekend.View attachment 257815

There is now interesting skid/splat marks in the last half of the berm above the right grip after this pic was taken.😂😂View attachment 257814
How do you know your limits if you don't dance on the edge once in a while?🤷‍♂️
Glad you're OK, Eric!!

Today the German Bike Community is in mourning. Yesterday one of our activists, nicknamed Natenom, from the south of Germany was killed in a tragic accident by a car running him over at full speed from behind.
To pay him and his work respect many of us are switching on the CriticalMaps app, to show that we never ride alone...
It would be great if you could join in...
🖤🕯️
Screenshot_20240131-203423.png

Today the German Bike Community is in mourning. Yesterday one of our activists, nicknamed Natenom, from the south of Germany was killed in a tragic accident by a car running him over at full speed from behind.
To pay him and his work respect many of us are switching on the CriticalMaps app, to show that we never ride alone...
It would be great if you could join in...
🖤🕯️
That’s horrible

Back