What have you been riding lately?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since the theme for Bike Night was "Pink" I rode my Mizutani Super Seraph(leaning on post to the left) with around 100 others on a beautiful evening. Didn't take many pics though. 🤷‍♂️
IMG_20230719_183414281.jpg
IMG_20230719_193320356.jpg

Here's a better, older pic of the Mizutani...
IMG_20211024_141413299_HDR.jpg

There is a lot of protests going on at te moment in Berlin as the new Senat is making very old fashioned car centered politics and cutting off almost every funding for bike lanes.
Here you can see me (orange helmet in the center) protest riding on the Wolverine for one of those bike lanes that they refuse to open even though it's already finished...
Screenshot_20230720-111158~2.png

I've been using my 20 year old fully reworked Kona a bit lately.

It's a good bike and it climbs well - and I don't mind locking it up outside the shops or while at the appointments I had Today. It's my least valuable bike and nobody pays it much attention because it doesn't have modern farkles.

FWIW if you want to hide the garish lettering on Maxxis Hookworms - or any other side-wall lettering - give the side walls a shot of Plasti-dip spray. Works a treat and you don't even have to remove the wheel - spin and spray.

https://plastidip.com/product/plastidip/
IMG_8414.jpg

IMG_8419.jpg

Last edited:
My mule:

Ya know, one reason the proper rat rod may have ridden so wonderfully is because I log THOUSANDS of miles a year on this guy.

I’m a little embarrassed: as this is a ‘NRGB’ pronounced ‘energy-B’ (non-revenue generating bike) I seldom work on it!!!!!

I usually do a detail, lube and tune once a year or as needed by component, by wear.

I missed last year’s tune and lube!!! I just detailed and tuned this thing and if feels like a completely different bike!!!!!!

It’ll enjoy the rest of today and Sunday, then back to flogging Monday afternoon.

Quick question to Brooks saddle experts: when do you tighten it? Does my seat look like it needs tightened? It feels AWESOME.
CBCD2F94-6A72-4666-9371-B2F44FA9F6FB.jpeg
CA341838-2A07-4287-803B-423C91BCDD96.jpeg

Still prototype phase, Took "Direction Unknown" for another test run, after yesterday's maiden voyage of 1km, an overnight tune n tickle, we've made it to the local skatepark n boat ramp on the Logan River,
Bike went great but im suffering pedal torque when hooking in. May have to go 2 springs instead.
But what a beautiful day here.😍😍😎
PXL_20230722_225309087.jpg

With temps in the mid 90's I employed my high tech thermonuclear radiation shield between laps at the pump track to protect me from harmful rays.🤓
IMG_20230723_114645969.jpg

The bonus feature of the semi-hemispherical design allows for harnessing any movement of ground level atmosphere to dramatically enhance evaporative cooling allowing me to ride longer, stay hydrated & faster recovery!:nerd: I stayed comfortable through the heat of the day & had a blast!

Back