What is it?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this in the Kia comercial post but no body checked it out. I was thinkin it looks kinda like the bike on the comercial. I dont know what this thing is. Any ideas? It's not mine i saw it at the Indiana state fair back in August of last year hanging in the rafters of the pioneer village.
HPIM6997.jpg
HPIM6998.jpg
HPIM6999.jpg

I have no idea, but you obviously need to find out who to talk to about liberating it from their rafters to yours! :D

Block chain and likely metal clad 28" wheels = late 1800's-early 1900's

looks like a schwinn Admiral to me 1930's i think but i could be wrong. looks like it has a headbadge but cant read it in the pics

karfer67 said:
looks like a schwinn Admiral to me 1930's i think but i could be wrong. looks like it has a headbadge but cant read it in the pics
Yea i couldnt get close enough to get the head badge it was about 20 feet in the air. Do you think that back hub looks like a Sachs?

Looks like a 2 speed new departure to me. I'd guess that the bike is American made, sometime in the 1930's. I think parallel bars like that are pretty uncommon on vintage American bikes, they usually had a sloping top bar (motobike style).

Walker said:
I have no idea, but you obviously need to find out who to talk to about liberating it from their rafters to yours! :D

Block chain and likely metal clad 28" wheels = late 1800's-early 1900's
its got a skiptooth cahin, not block chain. the block chains have actual blocks, but if you look at the pics, its got rollers. and those are solid metal wheels, metal clad ones wouldnt be chromed, rather painted. and the ND hub i think says they didnt have that kind of tech that early on. good thoughts though walker. :)

The New Departure 2 speeds were used in the 1930's-1940's, the frame mounted shifters are the early ones the shifter was moved to the handlebars on the later ones.
basket.jpg

2speed.jpg

1935 popular science

Back