What is this thing?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea what this thing is? It was in the basement when we moved into our house. It was made by the Duff Manufacturing Company! :D

DSCN1239.jpg

well i dont think it is a tube bender my first thought was looking at the top two yokes and the section under it makes me think it was something used on say a sailling boat to ratchet a rope maybe?

tnt1 said:
Where do you live? It is a house Jack for leveling your house. ol skool very old. cool Tony :D

Thank you! I'm in Wisconsin. That thing has probably been sitting in the basement since the house was built in 1955. There was also a handful of 16' real 2x4s stashed down there.

Something ratchetable like karfer said. I thought a chainfall but i never seen one like that.. I think thats what the things are called.. chainfalls? :? Idk lol

I *think* it was used for twisting cable/rope. The lever should be in a vertical position, then the loops on the end of the cables/ropes would fit over the lugs. Then moving the lever, the lugs rotate, twisting the cable/rope, the rachet action prevents the cable/rope from snapping back.

Or not. I dunno. :roll:

Back