ORBO What the klunk?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some time to work on the Klunk today. First up was the front brake. I used the cable stop on the stem. It’s designed to be a straight shot down to the straddle cable from there. But I put the truss rod bracket right in the way. I used a flexible brake noodle to route the cable around it. It operates smoothly and works great.
View attachment 260601
View attachment 260602

Next challenge was the rear caliper brake. This is from a 3 spd bike of some variety. It took some yankee engineering to mount it to the frame. I wound up tapping the small hole in the brace to accept pieces from a cantilever brake. Shaved down a washer and used some more good bits to get it on there. Mounted on top the caliper arms were too short so I mounted it underneath. It works which is fine by me.
View attachment 260603
View attachment 260604
View attachment 260605
View attachment 260606
View attachment 260607
View attachment 260608

I didn't get any close up shots of the completed setup but it shows in the full bike shots. I got the idea to mount it this way from LocoJoe:

Got some time to work on the Klunk today. First up was the front brake. I used the cable stop on the stem. It’s designed to be a straight shot down to the straddle cable from there. But I put the truss rod bracket right in the way. I used a flexible brake noodle to route the cable around it. It operates smoothly and works great.
View attachment 260601
View attachment 260602

Next challenge was the rear caliper brake. This is from a 3 spd bike of some variety. It took some yankee engineering to mount it to the frame. I wound up tapping the small hole in the brace to accept pieces from a cantilever brake. Shaved down a washer and used some more good bits to get it on there. Mounted on top the caliper arms were too short so

I didn't get any close up shots of the completed setup but it shows in the full bike shots. I got the idea to mount it this way from LocoJoe:

Tell Loco Joe I owe him a beer.

Solid, congrats.

Mod Squad 1.jpg

Back