what would be the best way to paint wheels and tires?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am thinking about painting my white wall tires red and my rims a flat black. Any advise on the best and affordable way to do each?

Did you want completely red tires, or just stripes where they are white now?

To paint the whitewall part red, I would suggest acrylic paint, the kind you find in the paint section of the crafts dept at walmart. Then use a small brush and freehand it or mask it off and give it a couple coats. It covers well with 2 or 3 coats.

I've used it on plastic, metal, and vinyl seats along with tires. It stays flexible. I also used it to stripe the mainsail of my sailboat, and it held up through a thunderstorm yesterday with no problems. No pictures yet. Here's a whitewall I painted a couple weeks ago. This was a black tire:

n3om7o.jpg

Wildcat said:
Did you want completely red tires, or just stripes where they are white now?

To paint the whitewall part red, I would suggest acrylic paint, the kind you find in the paint section of the crafts dept at walmart. Then use a small brush and freehand it or mask it off and give it a couple coats. It covers well with 2 or 3 coats.

I've used it on plastic, metal, and vinyl seats along with tires. It stays flexible. I also used it to stripe the mainsail of my sailboat, and it held up through a thunderstorm yesterday with no problems. No pictures yet. Here's a whitewall I painted a couple weeks ago. This was a black tire:

n3om7o.jpg

awsome thank you. I'm just going to paint the whitewall red and i wasn't sure if just any paint would do. could i use the same kind for the wheels?

I used it to touch up this fender, so as long as the surface of the wheel isn't chrome or shiny, it should work. On the wheels I've painted, I've always sprayed them, but I might try this way next time.

10f5n4l.jpg

Back