what year schwinn?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant find a serial number anywhere on this schwinn does anyone have an idea what year? This ones gonna have the sickbikeparts shifter kit,nuvinci rear hub (currently getting spokes made and laced) at bike shop, a buddy of mine gave me this frame and it was wide enough to use the nuvinci hub. Putting hydraulic disc brake on rear also when i get the hub back.Thanks to anyone that can tell me something about the frame. Also i cut the original kickstand bracket off since the kickstand was gone anyway and i liked this one better
Picture003-1.jpg

Nice bike.

The serial will most probably be on the left dropout or at the bottom of the head tube. The paint may be thick and covering it up.

or if its old enough, might be on the bottom of the bottom bracket.

thats a great looking bike! :) i`d seriously consider changing out that front fork though! that fork on a motorized bike,is an accident waiting to happen! :shock: just dont want to see anybody get hurt! :wink:

Thanks ive checked all over and cant find anything ,maybe after i strip the paint off ill find it guess it doesnt really matter just curious thats all. As far as the forks go this is my mockup springer front end, the other one ive already welded the crap out of and reinforced it. I will do this pair soon just didnt want to take the bike apart again completely it keeps me motivated to see what it will look like completed.

and maybe it isn't a Schwinn? didn't know that Schwinn made a cruiser frame with the Euro or small bottom bracket

im guessing 70's-early 80's.....looks like the frame karfer got from me that hes using in the build off.
id say its on the headtube lower right(i say this since it has the rear mount for a caliper brake..but so did the corvettes)

*note i am not a schwinn expert......nor have i ever claimed to be :wink: *

does it have a schwinn badge on the head tube? if not, the holes where one was mounted?

Latest posts

Back