When it rains it pours.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check this out for havin' a lucky streak. I got to my in laws place yesterday, after i leave there is a small garage sale. I see a few bikes and decide to stop. I don't really see anything, and i ask the guy if he has any other bikes? He says that there is an older road bike that needs some work in back. He goes and gets it, comes back and it is a mid 90's Bianchi road bike. Decent bike and I ask what he wants for it, and he tells me enough to get a pack of smokes!! So I reach in my pocket and pull out $2 and 81 cents in change. He says "Deal"!! I'm like, sweet. Anyway, I get it home and tune it up, post it on craigslist at like 3 am. for $150 obo. 8am a girl calls and says she has to have it, shes been looking for that one. but she is short on cash. She says I'll give you a hundred bucks and this old Schwinn collegiate that she claims is in decent shape. So sight unseen I say deal, bring it over and we'll make the change. (earlier I had put this blue breeze on CL for $100)Anyway, we make the swap and what I was told was a decent bike turns out to be totally near mint. I'm talking everything Schwinn even the perfect og tires say Schwinn. (the pic doesn't do it justice at all)And I had a guy on his way to look at the breeze.....following me? Anyway, She leaves, he pulls up as she's bailing, he doesn't want the breeze any more, he wants the blue collegiate!! He looks at it and says, Take $200 for iT??? heck yes!! So in a matter of a few hours, I turn a measly $2.81 in change in to $300!!! Not a bad profit. And that was my day. Hope I didn't confuse or put any of you to sleep, just thought it was kewl how it all unfolded. Thanks!!

l_52dc8c6dae3c04f246db4f472f810d89.jpg

l_c248bd56bf51d580d7b67f355c21a02b.jpg

fast eddie said:
thats awesome man! im sure you deserve the good luck!
fast eddie outty
Thanks eddie, i really appreciate that. I think it may be just a return of fortune. I have been giving a few bikes to a few people and kids that on't have any. Maybe?

Dude. That is awsome. Way to go.

Back