Whiplash

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a Western Flyer frame a few days ago because I haven't done anything ratty for a while and I need to take a break from building tallbikes. I spent an hour last night taking the crank apart because someone welded the lock nut and the race together, then I cut the top tube out so I can make it a guy's frame. I couldn't think of a name for this build so I just named it the title of the song I was listening to while I typed this. :D

320709662_tp.jpg

I picked up that same bike from a co-worker last night. Now I need to figure out what Im going to do with it.

I had driver's ed tonight for 3 hours so I couldn't get much done but I did get the fork and headset together and the tires mounted. I have a set of bars that I built that just need to be welded but it's 20 degrees outside and since I can't weld inside I guess they'll have to wait till it gets warmer out. :D

100_7400.jpg

100_7401.jpg

I made a seat pan this morning out of 1/8" sheet metal and beat it on a old piece of railroad track to shape it, I also finished up the bars and made a brake strap out of a piece of copper I found.

100_7408.jpg

100_7407.jpg

100_7409.jpg

When you said you had "drivers ed", I had to go back and look at your INTRO (that's the beauty of posting an INTRO). You got some skilz for a 15 yr old. WOW!......Your parents should NEVER worry if you're going to be a "success" in life...........NICE, NICE work!

I welded some 3/8" bolts to the underside of the seat pan and then welded a couple old seat frames together to make my new seat. :D Now I just need to paint the seat frame black, polish the springs and make a lay back seat post and it's done.

100_7419.jpg

100_7420.jpg

100_7421.jpg

good lord your 15 and turning out bikes like this? i am doomed lol nice work and you mentioned shaping the seat on railroad rail. do you have a peice or did you run to the local line? sounds dangerious to me good job carry on!!!!!!!!!

Right, you do have talent. I get irritated with people that say "I CAN'T DO IT" before they ever try. Some of the best work I've ever seen was done by making a mistake and then capitalizing on it. In five years or less you could be another Ed Roth. You love what you are doing and it shows. Keep up the good work.

I'm pretty much done with whiplash I just need to put some grips on it and clean the white walls, I took it for a ride but it started raining so I only got to ride it for like 10 minutes. :cry:

100_7422.jpg

100_7424.jpg

100_7423.jpg

100_7425.jpg

Latest posts

Back