why no Paypal?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
why do some of yall not accept paypal? I have dealt on ebay for about 10 years, and paypal NEVER screwed me. As a matter of fact, a member on here made a mistake and sent me some money. Within an hour, he notified me of the mistake, I reversed the transaction,and all was well. Its EASY.And the only problem I have is transferring to my bank account, as it takes about 3 days. I usually transfer it in ASAP. Coming out, its immediate. so, why? Money orders,really? Y a want me to make a stop at a bank, mail it, and wait over a week for that to get shipped back? With paypal, its paid for NOW, shipped tomorrow, and i have it in 3 days. Whats not to like? Heres hoping that the folks that DONT still have those dented,rusty parts for sale, a week later, instead of the money NOW!!!
Rant over...... :?

I don't because I don't have a bank account and never really mess with eBay anyway so I don't really need one.

Voyager Al said:
why do some of yall not accept paypal? I have dealt on ebay for about 10 years, and paypal NEVER screwed me. As a matter of fact, a member on here made a mistake and sent me some money. Within an hour, he notified me of the mistake, I reversed the transaction,and all was well. Its EASY.And the only problem I have is transferring to my bank account, as it takes about 3 days. I usually transfer it in ASAP. Coming out, its immediate. so, why? Money orders,really? Y a want me to make a stop at a bank, mail it, and wait over a week for that to get shipped back? With paypal, its paid for NOW, shipped tomorrow, and i have it in 3 days. Whats not to like? Heres hoping that the folks that DONT still have those dented,rusty parts for sale, a week later, instead of the money NOW!!!
Rant over...... :?

I pretty much agree with all of this. I have a simple solution to this conundrum, which is that if the person says "no Paypal," I move along. There may be some part in the future that would be worth the "Postal Money Order only" hassle, but I haven't seen it yet.

A few people on here are very passionately against Paypal, maybe they were burned, or something, but I don't get it.

I seem to remember a thread here a while ago about Paypal making people pay taxes if they earned enough through them, so that might be the case for a couple of folks.

you really dont have a bankaccount ? wow,and its 2012....

so, you wait a week to get paid?when you could open a paypal acct, and a bank acct for free, get paid tonite? Or buy someting tonite? hmmm.Seems like thinkng ur still in the 80's...just sayin..
I guess its because this whole hobby, and my whole life has been quite a impulse buy . I see it, and I WANT it,NOW! I dont wanna wait. I have always had a good job,and bought everything I want. Not bragging, just sayin. Thats sorta why I dont have my business anymore...
Now my wife controls my pocket money. My allowance gets me my gas in my cars and bikes, and my hobbies. If I ride one of my motorcycles to work more, I can buy less gas,which allows me to get that bike that I want from dogdart or BlackCrown..lol
Its a problem I have,and wil lnever change. Ive had 6 motorcycles in the last 4 years..guys at work were trying to count them today... Im down to 2 in the garage now...
Wish more of yall would accept paypal.
In my ebay account,I wont even accept anything BUT PayPal....

Deven, a few years back,I sold a big collection of my 1/25scale car models I built. Made over 5k in 2 months. Payin taxes on that would have sucked. Wow.
I still sell alotta stuff,mostly on CL,some ebay, some here. Glad its not taxed
:oops:

i dont have a bank account either and i run a business! one major electronic mistake and there goes your money! plus electronic transactions can be tracked easy government is way to involved in your business there has been "talk" of doing away with sites like ebay and a single person NOT being allowed to sell there property person to person! that is fact...not saying it will happen...plus...what happens when a bank goes bankrupt??? alot to think about! to many people use convenience as a tool to life...one mistake and all those without paper money are screwed...what do you think the people in nyc and new jersey did when it flooded? well there money is in the bank no paper no power..your s.o.l. alot to think about...now you can use paypal without a bank account...but dont believe that your always safe...its not smat to trust banks with all you have...
the united states mad a big mistake by sending a super virus through iran and the nuke plants that was so smat it scrambled there systems and knocked down there uranium enriching programs and the whole time it showed up on there screens that nothing was wrong!...ok now some computer tecks in great Brittan found the virus that was so advanced it could jump computer to computer and pic and chose what to destroy leaving without a trace if the computer did not have the programing that it needed! normal guys found that and figured out what it did and what it was for! the smartest virus known to man to date! now the flip side...other people know that it exist...so they direct it make it better and send it to our banks and power grids...our power is not protected or regulated by government! individual company's ru banks/power and the treasury your money comes from paper or electronic...the government suggested to all the major power company's to beef up security in height of this and they said no! so dont feel so protected buy electronics and so trust worthy in convenience...but it is nice! i like paypal!! :D :D :D

I really like paypal, I'm an impulse buyer also. It's nice to just pull the trigger and it's on the way. But on the other hand if I had to get a money order giving me time to think about what I'm buying, I might save some money.
When I worked back shift my wife had no idea what all I bought, but now being back on days she gets home first, not good.
Kenny

I personally have had good luck with Paypal, buying and selling here and buying and selling on ebay.
Money orders are a pain for me, as I have to take it somewhere to get my money. The post office is not close by my house.

I think most people's bad experiences with paypal and craiglist are directly due to the people who they are dealing with, not the service.

One suggestion: I set up a seperate free bank account online at my bank that is strictly used for online buying and selling.
Paypal is tied to it. I would Never tie my family bank account to Paypal. I keep that account balance at $25.00.
If any money goes into it, I quickly move it to one of my other accounts. Paypal cannot get to more than $25.00.
Just a suggestion that has so far, worked for me.

jerrykr said:
I personally have had good luck with Paypal, buying and selling here and buying and selling on ebay.
Money orders are a pain for me, as I have to take it somewhere to get my money. The post office is not close by my house.

I think most people's bad experiences with paypal and craiglist are directly due to the people who they are dealing with, not the service.

One suggestion: I set up a seperate free bank account online at my bank that is strictly used for online buying and selling.
Paypal is tied to it. I would Never tie my family bank account to Paypal. I keep that account balance at $25.00.
If any money goes into it, I quickly move it to one of my other accounts. Paypal cannot get to more than $25.00.
Just a suggestion that has so far, worked for me.

THATS A GREAT IDEA! TAKES THE WORRIES OUT!

I have around $80,000 a year going through Pay Pal no hassles here. I turn it all in as a business. Pay Pal only send a 1099 if you sell over $20,000 in a year or 200 transactions I think. If you worried create two Pay Pal accounts and send half to one and half to the other. Pay Pal are not behind the Tax thing the Gov is. So if you want to boycott something boycott Gov over reach. :D

I reached my $10,000 limit and they want it tied to a bank account or
use a PayPal credit card. Didn't like either choice and for now they let
me keep sticking it on my Discover card. Not a biggie , but if you tie it
to another bank account they want $5000 or so in your account before
they don't charge a monthly fee. I'm not a big fan of PayPal , but it gives
you protection and is a quick way to spend some money. :cry: :shock:

Ok I should elaborate a bit, I do not have a bank account anymore, I had one, i ran my own auto repair shop at one time but my ex cleaned me out of every dime I had as well as everything but the cloths on my back and a pickup truck with 500,000 miles. I moved back to Indiana with my mother who is on SSI, I make one traceable dollar they cut her back two. Not that there are any jobs in this economy anyway, trust me ive tried to find one. I am currently trying to save enough for me and my new fiancé to get our own place but also helping my mom make ends meet with prescription costs, bills, mortgage, home repairs, and trying to start another legit business from scratch.

Any time I buy online I get a prepaid visa and buy what I need. Any time I sell I either use a friends PayPal or postal money order. Been burned on more deals than I care to mention, had my truck throw a rod, sold it for scrap, bought a moped from Craigslist that turned out to be stolen so I lost that too, and I have come back swinging using my knowledge of cars and vintage bikes (most of which learned here) to become a picker that finds the impossible, pays little or nothing for it, and sells it for profit to survive. (Vintage bikes put a new roof on my moms house) It ain't easy being a picker but it sure is fun, some days I make more than people with a 9-5 job, other days I'm dead broke. I love the swings of it, its like a poker game. One day I can be down to my last $10 few days later I got a $1200 car sitting in the yard, few tweaks and its a $2500 car, the next week the roof no longer leaks when it rains. I may be poor white trash but I wouldn't want it any other way. I have ZERO debt, I OWN everything I have, and I am my own boss. In this economy not many can say that. I CAN!

I have used paypal even way before ebay owned it. Never had an issue with probably a few thousand transactions.

Money Orders are no hassle for me because lately I have been shipping stuff from the post office anyway.

One option that I haven't explored yet is the new or upcoming feature from BoA, Wells Fargo, and one other big bank that is supposed compete against PayPal. Something along the lines of sending payment between individuals as simply as phone app of some sort. I assume it will be available online as well.

me personaly i just dont like my financial stuff online.
years ago i had myspace and photobucket hacked(not at the same time). i dont know why there was no $ to get. some people just do that to screw with people.
i was a big fan/user of ebay until they switched to paypal only.
it's not that i dont trust the internet, i just dont trust the (explitive deleted)that mess around the internet :lol:

also this board is for layed back bicycle guys. we're playin w/ stuff that is 40 to 70 years old.and some of the members are too :lol:
we can wait.
i can understand i want it now if yer talkin about "tuner cars" or video games or other stuff the kids are into.
relax have an adult beverage. bikes are 'sposed to be fun.

yeah, i know. sending a MO and waitng for yer stuff is tuff,but still exiting.
my pal tom petty once told me the "the waiting is the hardest part" 8)

I try to keep my bike transactions separate from the bank account and make the hobby pay for it self. I have PayPal, but not connected to the bank account. It takes all the temptation away.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Jerrykr, I do the same. Wifey has the big money, I only keep less than 200 in my account, so I cant lose too bad. Thanks,all, for the replys. I think i just wont look at an item if the seller says NO PAYPAL.. No temptation then.. Im off to work..

I am pondering doing an online business selling stuff I make.

I haven't done it before, but I have been told by a number of different people who have that the most-bombproof way to do it (as a seller) is to ONLY accept Western Union money orders or WU wire transfers.

If you are a single-person business, you simply have no time to chase BS paper from the one-hundred-million internet scammers out there--and you can't afford to take the hit every time you mail out merchandise and an online payment system or CC company settles a dispute with a customer by not paying you (the merchant). The requirement of a WU transaction will eliminate a lot of rip-off artists right away. They will argue that they have to send payment some other way but they can't scam the local Western Union, and they won't even bother mailing a fake WU money order because it will cost them a stamp and gain them nothing--they know it won't work.

Latest posts

Back