Wichita Ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I just want to give you some advance notice...
I just heard there will be a short (4 or 5 mile) daytime ride Sunday May 23rd. It'll include a little history and possibly some food.
All the details later once they're finalized.

Also I hope to do a longer ride sometime this spring on one of the bike paths. Hopefully that will work out.
What day is best for you guys on a weekend?

If you're interested in helping plan this ride meet at Tom Sawyer Bicycle Shop (Broadway & Mt Vernon) tomorrow (28th) at 2:00pm and be ready to ride.

Mitch I'm not the one putting this together so I'm not sure who's cooking or if they have anyone yet. If you want to volunteer let me know and I'll hook you up with the planners. Or attend the thing tomorrow.

Grill Master Mitch the Official Cook of the Coasters Bicycle Club. I like that. Would look good on your resume :D

I doubt I'll be there tomorrow. I need to just show up for an event once and not be involved in the planning even though I do like being involved.

mostly joking... but if they need help cooking, I dont mind. But its also good to sit back and participate for once.

Resume, Yeah I may need that :lol:

but you need to change it to "official... UNofficial cook of the Coasters Bicycle Club" lol :wink: :wink:

I am right in the middle of smoking 80# of brisket right now, hope to be done before midnight. The wind and rain isnt helping :x

So in all seriousness, I thought this was something you were doing, but since this is being put on by Tom Sawyers, will old and slow cruisers be welcome? I dunno if I can keep up with those road guys on my 50# bike Plus I know I will have better luck convincing the wife to come along if its just a laid back ride.

It's going to be a slow paced ride with some stops to tour some old houses and buildings. It's part of bike month and the Neighborhood Bike Expo. Larry, Alan and the Health and Wellness Coalition are the ones behind this.

The ride I hope to do will be considerably longer but still at a cruising pace with stops.

Was sent this today. There's a larger version on Coasters site.
2010_ride_around_town.jpg

Back