WIDOWMAKER IV - ready to rumble!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
time to rock! :D this years combo will be a `51 huffman mainliner frame and tank married to a threaded triple tree fork. same fork i used in the spaceliner buildoff,but this will be its permanent home! i got the frame from simpleman last november,and after taking a few measurements i knew this would be my buildoff frame! :wink: this year we will be going with a skiptooth drivetrain with suicide shifted gears,lots of color matched parts,maximum rubber,ultimate long spring saddle,and.....some other goodies! :D
DSCN2326.jpg
DSCN2324.jpg
DSCN2332.jpg

Re: WIDOWMAKER IV - update 5-6

the widowmaker is slowly taking shape! :D still have to paint the nexus 3spd and lace it up to the alloy wheel,so for now its rolling on fatti-o`s and steel wheels. after i make the headlight bracket,i`ll bring the front end down a little more and hack off the fork tubes. bars have to be trimmed an inch on each side,sprocket has to be spaced to clear tire,and rear fender has to be positioned and trimmed. headlight and shifter will be from vintage farm equipment! :wink:
DSCN2358.jpg
DSCN2377.jpg
DSCN2368.jpg
DSCN2380.jpg
DSCN2363.jpg
DSCN2373.jpg

Man, that looks great so far.. love the combination of eras working perfectly together.

Looks great....beautiful job! I love these frames. You can squeeze huge tires in these things. Heres a shot of what it looked like the day I rescued it from the barn :shock:

Re: WIDOWMAKER IV - update 6-8

man,it sure was nice and quiet on the back pages! :lol: while the young guns battle it out for thread supremacy,im gonna sit back and slowly build my hot rod in the texas heat. that means slow and easy! :D since the last update,i ditched the original drivetrain combo,and replaced it with a `41 huffman crank,some persons pedals and my texas star skip sprocket. if anyone has any info on the sprocket,it would be greatly appreciated! ive only seen one other one,and it would be nice to know what it came on. :) finally painted the nexus,took over 2 wks for the new spokes,but finished it up on sunday. ended up taking 3-1/2" inches off the bars,then threw on some black cokes. the long spring troxel saddle looked too bulky and not racy enough,so on went a vintage b66 saddle. all black alloy rims with thick brick w/w tires replaced the mock up wheel set,and the tractor light is fixing to come off for a led makeover! :D
DSCN2558.jpg
DSCN2573.jpg
DSCN2588.jpg
DSCN2575.jpg
DSCN2578.jpg
DSCN2579.jpg
DSCN2583.jpg
DSCN2592.jpg
DSCN2600.jpg

Great looking bike you have here. Im not sure if Im feeling the stem, but I like everything else. Can't wait to see more updates.

This bike is keeping to my "Stark Raving Minimalist" sensibilities. I'm likin' it.

Tough, fast, and simple with a touch of good looking. I think the stem looks good as it sets the handlebars off.

Very cool, and one of the toughest looking bikes I've seen in a while - nice job! 8)

Latest posts

Back