WIERD STUFF AT YOUR LBS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCR

Mouth-Breather
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Went by my lbs yesterday and their was a Trek Lime with a schwinn top tube and seat post decal on it. It was probably a leftover cause i dont think the lime is made still, but the weird thing is he doesnt sell Trek :lol: Anybody else see some weird stuff at their bike shops ?

All kinds of wierd stuff at the bike shops I hang out at! Most are very FreakBike friendly, so there's always some crazy stuff.

The strangest, coolest bike was at Petri and sons. Don has a bike that's either 6 or 8 person (sorry I can't remeber which it is right now). It's made outta motorcycle parts and is huge and very heavy! At first glance I knew that when he get's it restored ... I GOTTA RIDE IT! 8)

House of Wheels has housed some very cool off the wall stuff over the years. Right now Rick has an old bike from the late 1800s in his showroom. Wood rims, wood fendered skiuptoothed fixie. It's unrestored. Little tiny seat that sits way up in the air. It's a lady's bike. The hand grips look to be wooden (at least what left of them) and thet're very small. About the size of the handlebar grips on a kid tricycle.

a huge beach cruiser.

actaully the bike shop closed (sad, it was my favorite). it was so big it kind of bent downward at the seat post point for a normal height person to sit on it. somebody 6'6" or so would probaly feel right at home on it. huge wheels, maybe 28" or possibly more.

i've thought about asking about it here a few times. i don't think it was a one off, but i can't remember the name or anything else about it except it was red, and huge.

did i mention it was HUGE!!! :shock:

My lbs ,Bicycle Rack in Lakeport always has something to catch my eye , the wierdest thing is a prostetic dummy hanging up in the corner, Dave the owner and sole employee, used to make these in the bay area, now he has taken it back up as a sideline, he keeps talking about putting vintage guitar pedals in the display case and selling those also (thats his other pashion) time will tell.

Philphine said:
a huge beach cruiser.

actaully the bike shop closed (sad, it was my favorite). it was so big it kind of bent downward at the seat post point for a normal height person to sit on it. somebody 6'6" or so would probaly feel right at home on it. huge wheels, maybe 28" or possibly more.

i've thought about asking about it here a few times. i don't think it was a one off, but i can't remember the name or anything else about it except it was red, and huge.

did i mention it was HUGE!!! :shock:

Sounds like a Coker Tire bike.

monstercruiser640x515.jpg

Wheels are actually 36"

good lord that's hu... oh i said that already.

i think that's the one. i remember the little front sprocket now too. i knew it had big wheels, but i figured if i guessed over 28-30" it would be like telling an old "that fish i caught" story. thanks for the info.

Philphine said:
good lord that's hu... oh i said that already.

i think that's the one. i remember the little front sprocket now too. i knew it had big wheels, but i figured if i guessed over 28-30" it would be like telling an old "that fish i caught" story. thanks for the info.

They're 36"-ers.

thatismytruck said:
Philphine said:
monstercruiser640x515.jpg

Wheels are actually 36"

how compleatly awesome... AWESOME!!! would it be to use one of these for a stretch/burrito? i looked at a pic of a womans model and if i come across one when i have the cash, it's done. i'm building it in my head already.

id have to say the weirdest thing at my ex-lbs(closed now) would be an all original shaft drive bike, in rideable condition. orr all the chinese take-out rolls carved like jack-o-lanterns. :lol:

Back