wifes bike-Brenda Star

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Kind of at a standstill with my Social Deviation build so decided to build something for my wife so we can get out together.
Thanks to those who posted their spouse builds on my other post asking for ideas.
She does not want it to dificult to steer so will leave the front alone but have some ideas for the rear triangle.
Here is what I am starting with. Not sure what it is.
BrendaStar.jpg

I promised her I would not mess with the geometry but since I am not one just to paint/ parts my projects I decided to modify the back triangle some.
Nothing to radical. Not real happy with the way the tubes come off the top of the seat tube but I will live with it. I think once I do final welding and grind it will be a little better.
I think I will need to use 24" wheels for her size.

Over all with mock up wheels:
Bstar_Frame1.jpg

Detail:
Bstar_framedetail.jpg

Looks good you just made the geometry better! 8)

nice. just my thoughts, I would have curved the blue tubes inward to flow with the rest .

Outlaw 8)

they already curve outwards from the seat tube so they clear the wheel. Kind of look like a wishbone from the top.
I agree they would have been better but really do not want to spend a lot of time and effort since I have so many other ideas for projects in my head and she will appreciated anything I create for her.

Pooched this one. Forgot to check the chain line when building the rear triangle. Major rub. Back to the drawing board. And I was really liking the lines on it.

Back on track hopefully. Redesigned the frame to fix the chain line problem and came up with something I really like.
Need to do some more welding and grinding but thought I would share for those needing a building fix.
redesignedframe.jpg

Have a burn through on one of the joints that I need to fix but hopefully it will not weaken the joint to much.
Might at some bracing in the corners???

Trying to decide on a seat arrangement. My wife likes this Bratz seat I have because it is purple so need to use it.
Here are 3 ideas I have. Any opinions out there? The fourth option is to not use it at all although it is not to bad. I just do not want to distract the eye from the back end which I am really digging.

Number !:
seat1.jpg

Number 2:
seat2.jpg

Number 3:
seat3.jpg

Here is the mock up of the front end. For decoration I decided to go with this squiggly curtain rod end ( if I can get it to stay mounted) instead of a light since it made the bike look a little more girly.
frontrmockup.jpg

Great rear end man! I think that #3 is the way to go. If you had more time you could bring the frame up to meet the seat. I like the curtain rod also, looks cool with the truss rods. I'd love to be able to weld up like you guys, guess I gotta learn. You guys inspire!

I was liking the curtain rod end up front but found this goddess sculpture in the bottom of my junk box. Since it is a bike for my wife I decided to go for the brown nose points and use it as an unusual head badge. Thinking some sort of beaded tassels need to be hanging from her hands. Something that will move when the bike is ridden. Still need to do some grinding on the weld.
Also found when I stripped the paint off the front fender some one tried to do some body work on it. There are a bunch of pin holes in it with what may be lead on top??
Smoothed it down a little and bondo'd over it. Not great but was afraid to take off to much of the original repair for fear of braking through the metal.

goddessdetail.jpg

goddessheadbadge.jpg

You always come up with the coolest head badges!!!!! 8) :mrgreen:

Have not touched the bike in months so decided to get on the ball some.
Everything is a little rough still till I get a chance to do some bondo work.
After finding a rear fender that fit the 24 inch tire I bobbed the fender and cut a star to go with the theme. Thinking of putting some wire mesh behind it for some additional texture.
Then fabricated some fender mounts and also felt like I had to reinforce the bottom joint so used a piece of sprocket to create a brace.
I really liked the original reflector from the bike so decided to use the same concept as on my Social Deviation build. The reflector might be a little small looking but will wait till I am further along to decide if I should change it.
Next is a chain guard. Have no idea what I want to do. Any ideas is always helpful.

Bstar_fender.jpg

bstar_reflector.jpg

I realy like the STYLE factor involved with this build!

Back