Will it fit 3 piece crank in aplace of a standard one

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I bought a used frame and I have a used MT bike with a 3 piece crank would it fit in to the frame? The frame is a old huffy.

It'll fit if you get the right bottom bracket. There are adapters for square tapper to american and american to euro, I am sure there are bottom bracket adapters of all kinds to american bb. The question is do the cranks have a removeable chain ring or are you going to run multi gears, the chain spacing is different between the two.

The chain width is different, not spacing until you go really old!
Multi gear(derailer) bikes have a 3/32nd chain and single speeders use 1/8th inch.

As mentioned there are bb adapter cups that press in which will allow the use of an euro thread in bb. There are also whole bb that have press in cups and are a bit like an open bearing bb like your probably used to.

karfer67 said:
As mentioned there are bb adapter cups that press in which will allow the use of an euro thread in bb. There are also whole bb that have press in cups and are a bit like an open bearing bb like your probably used to.

They do make these, but they all have really long spindles, which can make good chainline tricky, depending on the crank. Get this thing:
http://www.treefortbikes.com/produc...to-Euro.html?gclid=CIiUxfTvqrgCFQ6f4AodMHcAiQ
Install it, then install the BB/crank from your mtb...

Back