Wings Deluxe GoodYear Colson Ladies

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My latest find is this Ladies Wings Deluxe Goodyear. I scored it for $40. From what I have learned, Colson was the manufacturer of these bikes. I have no idea what year it is. Any help would be appreciated. The bike was complete but I stripped the fenders and chain guard off and stashed them away.

newbikes001.jpg

newbikes002.jpg

newbikes003.jpg

newbikes004.jpg

newbikes007.jpg

newbikes011.jpg

newbikes012.jpg

Nice score! You are correct, that is definitely Colson made. I would say that bicycle was made between 1938-1940... the tank is particular to '38's (as far as I know) and being the color difference, likely is not original (though it is correct and also Colson). the frame itself, with those older, non loop tail dropouts, could have been made between 1938 and 1940 (or thereabouts).

Unchained said:
Nice score! You are correct, that is definitely Colson made. I would say that bicycle was made between 1938-1940... the tank is particular to '38's (as far as I know) and being the color difference, likely is not original (though it is correct and also Colson). the frame itself, with those older, non loop tail dropouts, could have been made between 1938 and 1940 (or thereabouts).

Thanks, this is the kind of info that really helps. You are right it has been repainted. It was originally green. I found that out when I repacked the B.B.
Any other info you have would be much appriciated, I can't seem to find much on the internet.

blackphantom said:
Thanks, this is the kind of info that really helps. You are right it has been repainted. It was originally green. I found that out when I repacked the B.B.
Any other info you have would be much appriciated, I can't seem to find much on the internet.

No problem! I'll check a reference book I have and see if I can't figure more out about the bike.

I was able to cross reference the date code on the Morrow Coaster which was stamped i2. According to the Morrow archives the Brake was manufactured in Feb. 1939. This gets us in the ball Park.

Back