winora rebirth

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i broke the bank and bought a new brooks saddle.i think i always wanted one.so i caved and purchased.bad lighting,i need to find a way to do better pictures,and i will.ok here she is.the first pic is the before.
bikes003-2.jpg

new004.jpg

new001.jpg

new006.jpg

bikes008-1.jpg

bikes011.jpg

new008.jpg

morebikes002.jpg

morebikes004.jpg

morebikes003.jpg

morebikes008.jpg

morebikes007.jpg

yes ive never saw one like it before.i did take close ups of the lugs,but they were blurry.i dont know what kind of metal was used on the lugs,i left it out in the rain for a few days after i polished them and a week later no rust?i did clear coat them anyway.ill get some pics tommorrow.

that is a nice frame. what are you going to do with it. the only thing i know is that it may be stainless steel? that would be very kool but i have never known anyone who has done that. interesting.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

I've never ridden a Brooks saddle. What do you like about em, aside from the look?

im gonna build a big old school hot rod!im havin a few crank pedal problems,i ordered some cottered pedals and they didnt fit so i gotta scrounge the junkyards.the brooks is sweet but ive never used one,ive always wanted one so i guess ill see what happens.

beast, if that bb has a seperate spindle you can put in a road or mtb 3 pc in it as long as the threads are the same. mine weren't on my superbe so had to use the same stuff. but i have another one the has the cotter cranks an i but a new mtb spindle and used my mtb cranks.works great

Outlaw :mrgreen:

outlaw,i already tried a bunch of different cranks,its a wierd size.problem is nobodys seen a bb like this.or worked on a winora.i dont even know what year it is?cant find any info on west german bikes.someone suggested a peugeot?even the pedal arms are longer than any i have.im stumped.i tried a early 70s 10 sp bb and to it was loose.i might have to get the old bearing race brazed?ill try a 80s mntn bike bb next.

Back