Wooden pedals?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody ever seen or made wood block pedals? I swear I saw them somewhere once, but I can't find any info. I've got a bunch of old pedals running around ad some oak flooring.... I thought that an oak plank pedal would look killer on my beer bike, and feel nice and comfy for those summer barefoot cruises.

Any ideas?

DUDE AWESOME IDEA! That would be SO easy to do with the old style schwinn block peddals!

I think it would be doable to make a wood pedal. I tried but my problem was trying to drill a hole straight/square enough. You need a drill press. The other issue is most pedals the bearing race is built into the frame of the pedal. If you could come up with some type of bushing to replace the bearings, that should work.

Clancy

been a long time since i put a skateboard together but couldnt you use some sealed bearings (if theyre small enough), a block of wood, some washers and bolts?

cman - that's the problem I kept running into looking at the few pedals I had laying around. The sealed bearings is interesting...the LBS sells a lot of boards. So, if I find a bearing to fit an old pedal shaft on the ID, then drill the outside of the thru hole to fit the bearing......

sounds like a plan. I'd love to have them bare-foot shaped.......hmmm....

not for pedals but footrest on the Xtracycle.

footsies.jpg

Why not just encase an existing pedal with 1/4" plywood on each side and some wood blocks on three sides covering the ends of plywood. Like a slip on cover attached with some kind of fancy bolt. I might try this to get around the drill press. Or get a pedal(not riveted) where you can remove the blocks and create your own custom blocks.

Sorry for the new ideas, I got to thinkin to much. Been woodworking instead of bikes lately.

Latest posts

Back