Workman Inb becomes..."Lead Sled"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Alright so we got this forum member (Ind-ChuckZ), who apparently has a line on every Texas factory closure that was using these Workman Inb bikes. He's offering them up a some pretty nice prices, they ain't necessarily vintage but they do however have some nice lines... So I bought two of them from him!!!

Got a car load of stuff at the sand blaster and still had a bunch of stuff sitting around. So I did what probably anybody else on this site would do... toss a bunch of the stuff together and make something that could be ridden out of it... And so became "Lead Sled"! Not sure if I'd call it "Rat", "Klunker", or "Klapper"?

Workman frame (as received), an old Brooks saddle, a truss fork, an all black cruiser wheelset I had sitting around, set of MTB riser bars I had sitting around, and a pretty cool chain guard (IMO)...

So where's the name come from? Glad you asked, not sure if anybody's aware but these are industrial bikes and being built as such these freak'n things are heavy! So being silver in color as it is and weighing nearly what a 250cc motorcycle weighs (OK, slight exaggeration!)... Well you get the picture.:dance2:
I was gonna call it "Rat Lead Sled" then get a mesh shirt and a pair of "Daisy Dukes" and pawn it off as a "Right Said Fred" tribute project (Google the "I'm too Sexy" video if you didn't get that):crazy:

When I got the Brooks saddle I tried to recondition it a bit, saddle soap and mink oil... Well I can't ride this thing with khaki shorts if you know what I mean:rolleyes:. I am actually surprised how many folks have commented on the thing, especially the local "fixie" riders, then they see how heavy the thing is! I just started working up a Styrofoam mold to do a fiberglass tank for one of the two Inb's... have to wait to see where that goes...:blush:

Thanks! I just bought a Workman rear fender from Chuck... planning on using these cool little stainless steel spikes I've had for a while...

Back