Worksman Tricycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Picked up a old Worksman trike from a guy who got it from his work, didn't need it but what the heck thught it would be fun to mess around with. Some might remember the thread about building up a Schwinn Town and Country for my older sister with MS. Had so many problems getting it done just sold it for parts to a guy down the road and decided to use this one for her. Nothing real fancy just replaced tires with bigger ones "Bigger is always better" new rattle can spray job and good cleaning. Remove big box on back and replaced with a basket for her little dog. Going to give it a slight personal touch for her by adding a horn emblem of a 1977 Chevy Vega which was the first car she bought with her own money. Think I'm going to attach to chainguard. Not sure that she is going to be able to enjoy it for very long but just one smile out of her is all I'm looking for. Thanks for taking time to look.
1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg
9.jpg
11.jpg

Great job!! I'm working on a Worksman trike build myself. I'm sure your sister will love this!!

Loving those rear tires, they are the perfect scale for this trike. What size/brand are they?

BTW, you're awesome for building this for your sis, I'm sure you'll get more than just one smile from her.... [emoji1360]

Cheers to ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr. T thanks my freind, as far as tire they are 24X3.0 Invona not sure I spelled right would have to go look. got them of Ebay for best offer price of $2.60 each catch was shipping was $30.00 still cheaper than any others I could find. Oldest son had to fab new fender brackets to fit tires orignal brackets only allowed fender to cover half of tire, looked pretty bad.

Just wanted to send update, got tricycle down to my sister yesterday. She was able to ride it with just a little help getting on and off. There where many smiles and a few tears involved for everybody. Even her little dog enjoyed the ride. View attachment 20089
Awesome! :thumbsup:

Luke.

Thank you my friend for your kind words. So far it has been working out well for her she rides a few times a week little farther each time. Had to stop with all the floods in the Houston area for a bit.

Thank you my friend for your kind words. So far it has been working out well for her she rides a few times a week little farther each time. Had to stop with all the floods in the Houston area for a bit.

Good for her...I bet she looks forward to it too.
Yes, I see...the Texas Floods continue....
best regards

Back