Writers block/BUILDERS BLOCK

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Did yas ever have a project that ya cant decide on a direction to go with?

I've had this 1950 BFG hanging in pieces in the garage for 20 years...and in that time,cant even think of a color for it.

Just venting,because its time is ready for something.

Magicrat, I know exactly where you're coming from! I've got about 8 projects that have come to a stall. Some have ideas that need to get started but most have no ideas at all. I see something cool or unique about a bike and hang it in the side storage that is affectionately known as "Area 51". The ones that I have the ideas for but not the parts or money get moved to "Area 13". From "Area 13" they eventually get transplanted into the build area where they seem to set along time as I putter with them. I usually have at least 2 bikes in the build area and I jump back and forth.
We have "thinking chairs" (desk chairs) that we've pilfered from junk piles. I often find myself sitting for several minutes designing on the blackboard in my head. But when an idea hits, it's usually worth the stress of sitting and staring off into space! :mrgreen:

Good luck on you build and don't worry you'll get an idea when you least expect it!

Latest posts

Back