wrong track/board track

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
South Carolina - smiling faces, beautiful places
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking around at my bike parts and pieces and started to assemble a mockup of a possible board tracker. I started with an old 24" frame that was a 10 speed and added the forks from an OCC 16" chopper. Easy fit with a small mod. Gotta love that. Then I stuck on a set of 26" S2 wheels on. So it's sort of a 16-24-26 bike.
boardtracker001.jpg

boardtracker002.jpg

boardtracker003.jpg

I finished roughing in a set of truss rods for the "baby OCC" forks. The top of the triple tree was drilled so that the steel rod could be inserted and tack welded. The bottom of the truss has an end piece that was made for welding ground wire soldered to it and is bolted into the exixting hole on the fork leg. It seems very sturdy.
forktrussrods001.jpg

Just for my two cents, if it were mine, etc. etc. :D I'd patina the forks and bars and leave the frame, wheels and crankset as they are. From here anyway it looks like they have a cool patina. I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this.

jackdaw said:
Just for my two cents, if it were mine, etc. etc. :D I'd patina the forks and bars and leave the frame, wheels and crankset as they are. From here anyway it looks like they have a cool patina. I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this.
I agree that the fork and bars need to be patina'ed to more look like they belong on the bike.
I have something special planned for the finish on the entire bike. Hopefully I can pull it off.

This bike the way you've built it has a really good, unique look to it. It's not your every day board tracker. Great job. I really like it.

once the finish is more cohesive from front to back, this bike will be killer.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
This bike the way you've built it has a really good, unique look to it. It's not your every day board tracker. Great job. I really like it.

It's true, really good and unique, sweet. I think we'll be seeing more small bike builds.

And what are you going to do for a seatpost?

jackdaw said:
ifitsfreeitsforme said:

It's true, really good and unique, sweet. I think we'll be seeing more small bike builds.

And what are you going to do for a seatpost?
Speaking of small bikes, what would be an approximate difference in dimensions (height and length) between 24" and 26" ? I am going to run 26" wheels anyway.
I have been leaning toward the traditional board track seat. The kind that has rear support brackets welded to the frame but I would like to have some kind of suspension(but not regular seat springs). Maybe using the existing seat post tube for a front pivot point.

Back