xXx

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My 1951 Schwinn that I rescued from a thrift store a couple years ago, sitting in storage awaiting restoration. Truth is I came across this site last year at the tail end of the builders off and knew I wanted to build this bike for it, but as time past I almost forgot about the contest. Nevertheless I still wish to enter and build xXx, a pre-war Excelsior motorcycle themed bicycle to include hand made tank and fenders. My first plan of action is to start dissambeling everything and strip the layers of paint (count 4 so far).

Last edited:
Ah dude...whatever you did when you posted your thread with all the underlined words doesn't allow us to "view the media".

LOL, not sure what's going on with that, trying to fix it. Thanks.
If you're working from a computer, you can click on the "Upload a File" tab that you see under each posting box. Then just double click on any picture you want. Once it's loaded onto the posting page, click on "Full size image" and it will load to your post. Hope that's helpful....

Great bike, will be watching.
Oh, and I really want that delivery truck.
07237c4ed47c754cca095c51b204da53.jpg
9602133d94c06d960f1e8d15656e2042.jpg

My 1951 Schwinn that I rescued from a thrift store a couple years ago, sitting in storage awaiting restoration. Truth is I came across this site last year at the tail end of the builders off and knew I wanted to build this bike for it, but as time past I almost forgot about the contest. Nevertheless I still wish to enter and build xXx, a pre-war Excelsior motorcycle themed bicycle to include hand made tank and fenders. My first plan of action is to start dissambeling everything and strip the layers of paint (count 4 so far).

e9422ac6b7b7b4cbaaab69b4637dc6de.jpg

Great bike, will be watching.
Oh, and I really want that delivery truck.
07237c4ed47c754cca095c51b204da53.jpg
9602133d94c06d960f1e8d15656e2042.jpg
Thanks. That is a 1950's Cushman Mail truck in the background patiently waiting for its turn to hit the road again. And double thanks for getting the pics to pop up, having trouble getting them to load from my phone.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

BTW, sorry for the image issues, pics are hit and miss weather they pop up on former but just click on them to see in my album. Thanks.

Awesome ! tank shape looks great !:113:
(edit) iam guessing by the shape you'r making the 1919 BTR ? I love this bike!, here is a 3d drwing of it ive done in the past and a real picture for those who don't know witch bike it is :thumbsup:
Excelsior-4B.jpg
real_time_1919%20%20Excelsior%20board%20track%20racer.wspokes3_zpst47w9jzl.jpg

if you want to make it as close to original i can tell you that the top and bottom edges are rounded and the back is thinner than the front:wink1:

Last edited:
Awesome ! tank shape looks great !:113:
(edit) iam guessing by the shape you'r making the 1919 BTR ? I love this bike!, here is a 3d drwing of it ive done in the past and a real picture for those who don't know witch bike it is [emoji106]
Excelsior-4B.jpg
real_time_1919%20%20Excelsior%20board%20track%20racer.wspokes3_zpst47w9jzl.jpg

if you want to make it as close to original i can tell you that the top and bottom edges are rounded and the back is thinner than the front:wink1:
That's it, right on. I have no intention of copying it exactly, but a very close concept. Do you do cars too? We have been looking for someone to do renderings for our future projects.

c0a91e55be45631ae3f7e49386be4c03.jpg

Back