y'all ever skateboard? grinding slider for a bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you didn't skate, a trick people do (or did, been years since i skated) were axle grinds. just as named, you ground your trucks on curbs and coping or whatever. some truck companies made sliders that fit over the truck so you slid easier and kept you from grinding away your truck
Picture130.jpg

one of my skate trucks was basic enough that i could make my own slider out of pvc. i've been meaning to try it on my bike and finaly got around to cutting a piece to try
Picture129.jpg

i just got home from work so all i've done is pop it on and try a spot where my drive goes from rocks to concrete and i grind on it if i'm not careful.worked great. at first i though i wasn't hitting at all but then i realised it was sliding just that easy.

it barely fit, and i don't remember how long they lasted when i had them on skateboards, but for minor low spots, and if your bottom tube happens to be a size where you can fit one on, i think you'll like it.

it is, it still has a tracker truck sticker on it. that was the last nice board i got when our local park closed. i barely used the board after that (and i had just got it) so most of the wear is being stuck in one garage or basement or another. i keep it as a life momento.

Latest posts

Back