Zorchy- finished and SOLD!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
just got this wflyer repop frame from Road Master this afternoon,so i thought i`d have some fun! :D my main goal was to not use parts set aside for various other builds,and it had to have apehangers! instead of going the blade fork/truss rod route,i used a girls murray fork with its space-age truss piece. perfect fit,nothing had to be modified and its something different looking! :shock: threw some blazing red brick treads on some cheap old chrome wheels,dug out some old vintage red grips and put em on the apes,and called it a day. :wink: i plan on painting the fork to match the frame as best i can! we`ll see how that turns out. :roll:
DSCN2121.jpg
DSCN2128.jpg
DSCN2126.jpg
DSCN2137.jpg
DSCN2139.jpg
DSCN2142.jpg
DSCN2155.jpg

Re: Zorchy

Man I hate to disagree, but I hate red tires. Paint the forks black, and lose those tires. Sorry, Dean

I'm glad you bought that frame....you saved me from the temptation!

I think it's looking pretty cool...the red tires are pretty wild! :D

Big Fat Whitewalls said:
Man I hate to disagree, but I hate red tires. Paint the forks black, and lose those tires. Sorry, Dean

I'll do you one better. I like the red tires but don't like the apes. I know this is a rat rod forum, or the rat rod forum, but I was a designer for Confederate Motorcycles, immersed in the culture and always had a dis taste for apes.

That bike has a ton of potential as a serious build, but I don't look at anything with apes as too serious.

I'm all for the red fork or black or combo.

Lonewolf said:
Big Fat Whitewalls said:

I'll do you one better. I like the red tires but don't like the apes. I know this is a rat rod forum, or the rat rod forum, but I was a designer for Confederate Motorcycles, immersed in the culture and always had a dis taste for apes.

That bike has a ton of potential as a serious build, but I don't look at anything with apes as too serious.

I'm all for the red fork or black or combo.
gentlemen...first off this is not a "serious" build. these frames are what uncle stretch told me they would be.."walmartish". they are flimsy and the graphics are mostly decals. im just using up some un essential parts,to build a bike i will turn around and sell. and though ive never designed a motorcycle, ive had the same leaky shovelhead for 21yrs!....and guess what kind of bars are on it? :lol: :lol: remember....bicycles are "fun"! :D

Allmost grabbed that frame myself,looks purdy 8) too me !,i'm diggin it .
love those apehangers

you must be psychic steve! :shock: its being pressure washed right now and they start painting in the next few days! :lol:

this baby is done and gets picked up tonight! :D made a change on the truss rod piece i was originally going to use,once i realized it used the same bridal cap as both of my beehives,and my x-53 springer! :shock: nice part to hold on to. so i went with some used electra truss rods. also had to thread the fork down another 1/8",changed the vintage grips to cheap repops to go with the cheap repop frame. simple drivetrain,cheap kickstand,but to non bikeheads its pure eye candy! :D sold it to a customer of my bar,so i`ll be seeing it regularly :lol: still chuckle when i think how this simple bike could make people angry! :lol: :lol:
DSCN2161-2.jpg
DSCN2167-2.jpg
DSCN2163-2.jpg
DSCN2169-2.jpg
DSCN2176-2.jpg
DSCN2184.jpg

i like it the red tires are loud maybe it is just his camera. any ways once it gets ridden they will dirty up

I REALLY LIKE THIS BIKE! Awesome paint and the tires are perfect.I especially like the apes! I'm a big fan of apes. I got em' on my chooper, my shovel head project and a few of my bicycles. there was another guy who built some VERY SERIOUS choppers with apes on them. What the heck was his name again??? Oh yeah Indian Larry.

Great Job!

Here's a thread with my chopper. Scroll down, thanks.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16604&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=ironhead&start=15#p169934

ej599 said:
I REALLY LIKE THIS BIKE! Awesome paint and the tires are perfect.I especially like the apes! I'm a big fan of apes. I got em' on my chooper, my shovel head project and a few of my bicycles. there was another guy who built some VERY SERIOUS choppers with apes on them. What the heck was his name again??? Oh yeah Indian Larry.

Great Job!

Here's a thread with my chopper. Scroll down, thanks.

http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 15#p169934
that is one sweet scooter ya got there! 8) were from the same school.

Big Fat Whitewalls said:
It looks really good. The red tires are growing on me, but I think I'd put black ones on it, but then it would loose it's "pop". You did good. Dean

Back