Recent content by David Baker

1. David Baker

MBBO 202/21 Voting Thread

Great bikes everyone! Congrats on making it to the finish line!
  2. David Baker

POISON APPLE: '79 Schwinn Fair Lady Trike

I think a banana seat and a leaned back seat post would be a nice touch and slide you back on the trike a bit. Looking good!
  3. David Baker

My version of a 26” muscle bike

It was a lucky solution to having no stay to attach the brake. Copper tubing and a maple wood center which helped strengthen the tubing. I may have a steel one made up eventually.
  4. David Baker

Very. Luckily no rub. No seat stay and skinny 26” tires just made the fit. There is a ride video. Very comfortable.
  5. David Baker

Thank you much! I feel like it’s a first. I haven’t ever seen another. It was a solution to creating a 26 inch muscle bike out a 16 inch frame. Cut away a rusted out frame stay to accommodate the 26 inch tire. Chose to not weld a new stay in, so I could stay in the class one build in the 2019...
  6. David Baker

Yes that is a brake mount under the seat! And I prefer just water and mousse on the seat. Here is a close up.
  7. David Baker

PROJECT QUICK CHANGE - SUBJECT: Schwinn Dixie. CURRENT BUILD: Muscle Bike.

I use it to clean lots of things. Just the right abrasion.
  8. David Baker

PROJECT QUICK CHANGE - SUBJECT: Schwinn Dixie. CURRENT BUILD: Muscle Bike.

Try magic erasers and water and with bar keepers friend. . Best bet to clean up and not visibly scratch the plastic.
  9. David Baker

My first muscle bike build. Built for the 2020 RRBO.
  10. David Baker

BO15 CLASS 1 FINAL RANKINGS - Voting Results

Thanks to all who peaked, liked, offered ideas and cheered my build on! It’s been fun! I will be back.
  11. David Baker

CLASS 1 VOTE HERE!!!! - CLASS 1 FINISHED BIKE PHOTOS BELOW POLL

And And where was your build? Those who can do. Those who can’t, criticize! You could have been a little more creative with your words, since you didn’t come up with a bike build. But I figure a bike build from you would be as wack as your criticism here.
  12. David Baker

Distracting yourself instead of hawking these polls

Window repair and repaint. Total remodel. The build off was a small distraction from the work I’ve been doing on this house. Been away from my wife for many months. Finishing the bike build was a small but needed victory. Gotta have some fun. 1945 brick house.
  13. David Baker

High Plains Drifter Custom 1962 Murray Sabre Challenger

Thanks @OC_Rolling_Art . You’re feelin’ exactly what I was trying to convey! I appreciate the good words!
  14. David Baker

High Plains Drifter Custom 1962 Murray Sabre Challenger

Thanks for following @kingfish254. Yours was great as well to watch. I had a lot of fun and I am proud of it. Photos are deceiving, though when next to a person the scale changes. I should have stated more that it was a 26” bike. This is my first build-off and my second bike built from parts...