Recent content by OddJob

1. OddJob

RAT / ROD MODEL KIT BASH CHALLENGE

@Verrt , maybe you aren't even old enough to remember the balsa planes we would assemble and shoot into the air with a rubber band type propulsion?
  2. OddJob

Vintage photo of @us56456712 building a balsa model plane. Are we back on track now? :113:
  3. OddJob

So cool that you are incorporating the balsa wood models from your youth in your kit bash. I was building models in the early '60s and my go-to were the Wierd -Ohs models. They were fairly easy, by the number of parts,and left a lot of room for creative ideas paint wise, etc. Bash on...
  4. OddJob

Welcome aboard the Rat/Rod Kit Bash train @us56456712 ! The thread will be up at least through Dec 15, so you will have time to 'get your kit together'. :21: I'm anxious to see what crawls out of your cedar chest. You can find Weird-oHs model kits on Amazon. Get your order in soon so the...
  5. OddJob

Psycho 78'

Leave the lights on, looking good!
  6. OddJob

CCM CHALLENGER

Diggin' the updated space and displays, J ! It would be fun to see in person sometime. Little girl's bike looks like a hit with your daughter. That's cool.
  7. OddJob

Cheap Copper

I'm really digging this muscle build! That 3" slick is really beefy, and your frame and fork refresh turned out great. Like @hamppea said, there's a point at which you look at the bike and ride it and get a big grin on your face. That's probably the stopping point. My motto is "Always stop...
  8. OddJob

Looking good @gowjobs ! How is everybody else doing on their kit bash builds? We are a full month-plus in on this 3 month time frame. I'll be finishing up here pretty fast, the weather has already turned cold and tomorrow we expect our first significant snowfall of 2-4", so that means my...
  9. OddJob

PERSIAN EXCURSION (1969 Buzz Bike)

Another themed, creative build by BobbyStillz ! This is before your time, I'm guessing, but it was the first thing I thought of when you mentioned Persian rug, and a 'ride' theme build along that vein. Maybe your aka could be "Magic Carpet Ride".
  10. OddJob

'32 Ford Dra-Hag-ster Momma The former baby buggy engine compartment for Momma's Weirdo-oHs dragster has now become a custom trailer to haul her offspring. It seems Rat Fink is taking a particular interest in this young 'un. Hmmmm... Time for a "Name the Baby" contest. Ideas? Anyone? Beuller?
  11. OddJob

Kool!
  12. OddJob

Just trying to answer his question and be helpful.
  13. OddJob

Jake, I see you are using Tapatalk on your phone. I don't use that, I just use my Chrome browser to navigate RRB. So I'm not sure if that affects what you see or not. But on my personal computer, my Kindle Fire, and my Android phone, I see the exact same little menu bar right above where I...
  14. OddJob

As Falstaff said, that B on the menu bar above where you start your comment stands for bold. Just touch the B and the words you type next will be in bold. Then touch the B again, and it will return to regular text. :thumbsup:
  15. OddJob

Remind me of the Doublemint twins on the old commercials. The good old days when every other ad wasn't a pharm ad talking about the 7 ways the side effects could kill you.