Recent content by OddJob

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. OddJob

UNLIMITED Ratneck Rampage

I tried to translate your beer brand / name. It came out as 'Natural Zuvir Beer'. Is it a pilsner? Kolsch? EDIT: Okay, spelling is important when translating~! Haha! It's zuiver which comes out to 'pure' or 'clear' in English. Still not sure on the taste / flavor though. (I like beer...
  2. OddJob

UNLIMITED Duality

I like that rigid fork in your first mock up. The curvy frame and nice saddle are begging for a stylish, modern twist on a classic ride. You had me at matching thickslick tires....
  3. OddJob

TRADITIONAL Doom Slug

How did I not see this till just now? Was it a late entry? Anywayyyyy....this is awesome as it sits HERE: Annnnddd....the perfect opportunity to try out the Col Mustard method! First I'd run a thin tape strip of blue tape or masking tape to cover the white pinstripe on the front fender...
  4. OddJob

TRADITIONAL Jumpy

Jude, that looks like a 'true fat bike' tire. You won't be running that on a traditional frame. That requires a fat bike frame or modified rear triangle. CST has some great tires for cheap prices though. I ran the CST Cheyenne on my Desert Sky klunker build. They have a great tread, a...
  5. OddJob

TRADITIONAL Quasi-Motobike : Rack em' up!

Day 9 Not sure if I mentioned it, but I hung up my shop shirt at the bike shop this Spring. First season in 35 years that I have not been employed either part or full time at a bike shop. It's fine so far. Quasi-Moto has kept me busy, Spring lawn and gardening chores, family stuff, all make...
  6. OddJob

Sticker Prize Pack!

Love the design! And retro works well for the RRB builds I believe. Thanks for your offering and talent!
  7. OddJob

TRADITIONAL Midnight Flash

That fork caught me off guard! Crash customs to the max!
  8. OddJob

Day 7 / 8 So, the weather turned around yesterday after lunch. I spent some time on my next mod, the rear rack. Y'all know how much I like to add wood to my builds, so I cut some slats from a piece of aged cedar that was used for the wainscoting inside the BACK40 when I built it. Drilled...
  9. OddJob

Thanks! We'll keep looking as to the born on date, etc. For sure it's right around that 1920 marker for time frame. I will post on the CABE as well at some point to see what others have for input. SKPC , etc. :wink1:
  10. OddJob

TRADITIONAL Raleigh-Up

Awesome video update! Your work space is cool, the jazz, your presentation: bravo! That bike has so many great and unique features. I like the high flange hubs for a front wheel build, figure out the horn switch issue and keep it, agreed on the hubs "if it ain't broke"... This is going to...
  11. OddJob

UNLIMITED 2-2-1

If you have a local thrift store, check out the purses for good soft leather seat material. That has been my go-to for many builds. Also, yoga mats with their high density make great pads! And there are plenty of 'lightly used' ones of those at thrifts also! :grin:
Back