Recent content by OddJob

1. OddJob

RAT / ROD MODEL KIT BASH CHALLENGE

@handyandy1100 , I have to take a shot at one of these for my great grandson, he'll be one on the 19th of March. Maybe I'll start with a Pinewood Derby car kit. Hmmmm.... Then add some bigger wheels and tires. Yours turned out great! Ian has it right ^ , family heirloom for sure!
  2. OddJob

RIPPER

Beauty! Dig the Rat Fink mojo and the tire selection. And a '40s Monarch? What's not to like?!
  3. OddJob

Twisted Typhoon

Brian, super cool! The blue and white is a good look. He will rock that bike!
  4. OddJob

PSYCHO '78 finished

:thumbsup: Nice work Ben! Love the blanket seat, wheelie bar and lace paint.
  5. OddJob

RAT / ROD MODEL KIT BASH CHALLENGE

You had me at patina...
  6. OddJob

Rat Rod Blades Challenge 2021 - Build thread

Goodwill Hunting Knife Found a display spot for the GHK. Built / refab-ed this table centerpiece a couple years ago; also made from a Mesquite tree. The knife rests on it's base. Deadliest 'table knife' known to man.
  7. OddJob

Into The Silence

@GuitarlCarl , somehow my eyes connect the dots between that cool wheelset, the seatpost, and frame gusset in every photo of this bike. Really dig it!
  8. OddJob

AMF CHERRY BOMBER

That is 'cherry' and I love all the 'bombs' !
  9. OddJob

Knife buildoff challenge discussion

I wondered about that. That was part of my reason for suggesting the smaller sized similar bolts from the hardware store.
  10. OddJob

@ifitsfreeitsforme , if you use an aluminum handle, maybe a couple drops of JB Weld between the cheek and gum will give you that true tobacco flavor. And without lightin' up. Apologies to Walt Garrison...
  11. OddJob

To quote Jerry Seinfeld, "Not that there's anything wrong with that.".
  12. OddJob

@Verrt , nice work! Great handle shaping, and all by hand. My son and I looked at Padauk as an option for a stave shell snare build. I have always liked the look. Has an elegant look with your highly polished (stainless?) blade. Just for purposes of scale (knife pun intended), what is...
  13. OddJob

Goodwill Hunting Knife Really fun day in the garage / workshop! This Tandy Leather Co. sheath kit only cost me $7.00, and it made the project go so smoothly. The waxed thread is cool that you stitch the front and back together with. My wife and I sat out in the garage (faces south, nice...
  14. OddJob

***I'm reposting this here, originally put it in the 'discussion' thread. Yes, I'm old.** Goodwill Hunting Knife Opened up the Tandy Leather Co. sheath kit this morning and got a start on it. First thing I did was a 'dry fit' of my blade in the sheath. A little tight, so I did what I'd been...
  15. OddJob

Oh, it's necessary all right! My clay tile is now in 4 pieces!