Monark Street Racer ~~ CLUB-29 ~~ IT RIDES 5-22 ~~

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's looking good! Be done by the 12th? I'm going to try and make that one if I ever get over this bug I've had.

Orange and green are my bike club's colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for looking guys.

Got the Reflexive strip off the Big Apple.. Went over the tape residue with a black Sharpie. Doesn't look bad.

You can go to a lot of bike shops and ask for a 29x2" tube with a long schrader valve and they will say....
" no such thing"
image.jpg
image.jpg

Or you can go to a bike shop like Cycle Smithy where they ask you "how many do you need"
image.jpg

image.jpg

Sorry about the upside down pics but you get the idea.

Looking good skip! Somehow I keep missing these updates.

Thanks I noticed some of the fixie bike guys using the one colorful spoke thought I would give it try.:D

Thanks! The updates have been coming slow. Starting to pick up speed now.;) More to come soon
Loving this build so far.... are those standard Velocity deep v rims?

Thanks! Velocity copy's off a cheap Walmart fixie ;)
image.jpg o_O:rolleyes:
image.jpg

I painted the spokes brown and painted the hubs also added a coaster brake hub.

And you reply "Well, it's a bicycle... sooo, two" :rofl:

I crack me up.
:happy:

Skip: How did you do this? I have been wondering if it could be done well.

Doug,
I forgot to get good photos of the process. Hope this explains the process.

Photo of a Fat Frank with the same reflective strip. If you look closely you can see where the strip over laps a eighth of a inch, take tweezers and grab the over lap and pull.If you are careful you can take the strip off in one piece.

In this very cluttered pic you can see where I removed a third of the strip on the lower front of rear tire, it does leave a lot of adhesive residue. I tried cleaning of the residue with lacquer thinner and a toothbrush, didnt seem to do much.... might work better with
Naphtha or Acetone.... but I didn't want to take a chance on a $40 tire;)

With a black Sharpie I covered over the residue and logos... The logos look to be painted on not a sticker.

I think it looks a lot better and doesn't look bad.... Not sure anyone would notice when looking at the bike.

I will see how the maker holds up.... Might try a black tire paint pen next time.
Thanks for looking!

Just a few odds and ends to finish up.
Chain, seatpost, cut down steertube, headlight, front tube just popped when I brought it it for pics. :(

Also need to install Headbadge.

Before pic of headlight

Very so this will be a rider!

Latest posts

Back