Monark Street Racer ~~ CLUB-29 ~~ IT RIDES 5-22 ~~

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what are you gonna do for grips or bar tape?

Good question.... I was thinking orange tape but after riding and looking at it all day yesterday I really like the all brown bars... going to look for a tape that matches I found some grips in my parts bin, but they just a to light in color.
What do you think would look best?

I like your idea of brown grips that match the color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys!
Got some black grips on just so I don't scratch the frame paint tell I find brown ones ..... Got the headbadge on.

OG I did have a scary moment on the lake path yesterday and had a long $40 skid :eek:

image.jpg
More pics then you could ever want.....

Thanks for the ride pics, keep 'em coming :)
Man, you really had a "vision" for this bike :cool::cool:
I like the artsy shots too, really shows off the color combos!

How the fixie kids like it?
How does it ride?

Thanks for the ride pics, keep 'em coming :)
Man, you really had a "vision" for this bike :cool::cool:
I like the artsy shots too, really shows off the color combos!

How the fixie kids like it?
How does it ride?
Thanks Steve,
All the fixie kids at work really like it.. I get lots of postive comments when out riding...people freak when they see it's a coaster brake hub. It rides like a dream so fast and smooth. Seems to be geared just right for the city 48-17 with the tall rear tire. Haven't push a speed run.... Yet:D
With the stem, bar, and seat post I ride in a perfect position.
Lots more riding and cityscape pics to come.

Skip - I'll be interested in your assessment of the 29'er BIG TIRE ride experience... I have this theory that all that rotating mass will feel more sliggish than an equivalent 26in assembly. You are the guy to ask... :)

Great to hear your are getting good vibes from everybody.
It a pretty special machine :cool2::cool2:
Perfect pretzel position LOL
Cool that you found the best gearing right away:)

Skip - I'll be interested in your assessment of the 29'er BIG TIRE ride experience... I have this theory that all that rotating mass will feel more sliggish than an equivalent 26in assembly. You are the guy to ask... :)

This could be an interesting discussion :whistle:
Skipton, what is the overall diameter of your back tire?
You've rode both my Spaceliner and Shelby and you noticed the difference.

Recently I finally got the Shelby working the way I want it and using 26" with 52/14 gears at 25lbs.
I still have to put the speedometer on it to see how fast but I'm doing pretty good on path racing with it :) The Shelby feels totally different than the Spaceliner with 700x45 (~20") with 52/16 gears at 27lbs.

The Spaceliner starts slower (won't call it sluggish though) but really flies and feels solid when at speed. The Shelby doesn't feel as quite as stable but can accelerates a lot quicker.

You've got both 26 and 29 now Skipton, what to you think?

Hopefully I can see your Monarch Street Racer in person.
We are starting to plan our trip to Chicago
and hopefully we can get together for more memorable and fun times.

More pics please...
Steve

I just haven't put enough miles on it yet to tell. Does seem slow to move off the line, haven't found the right rhythm yet. I do think the gear inches is greater then with a 26" But I'm thinking the sluggish start is more the mass of the big 29er and tube then anything.... Lots more to come on this.;)

Porkchop BMX has several different styles of AME grips in brown.

Tim

Thanks for the info I will check it out.:thumbsup:

Back